Vandy v Arizona, 2:15 today

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Vandy v Arizona, 2:15 today

Post by MikeADore »

VandyWhit wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 pm We aren't seeing much of Koi Love today.
She's only playing about 13 minutes per game

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

1 POINT GAME!!
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Go Vandy! wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:20 pm 1 POINT GAME!!
Hard to believe, but there it is - 45-44 with less than a minute to play.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Maybe this is a portent of things to come. I hope so.

I know you can't know for sure, but 5 less (of 26) TOs, Vandy wins.
VandyDan78
Captain

Post by VandyDan78 »

Good game. I’m impressed. Ordinarily I don’t applaud losses, but good game girls.
SV#
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

VandyDan78 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:30 pm Good game. I’m impressed. Ordinarily I don’t applaud losses, but good game girls.
Yes, I was impressed, too. Obviously there's room for improvement (TOs and shooting % come to mind) but I thought we played very good defense and looked pretty cohesive as a team. A loss, yes, but still pretty encouraging especially since we were playing a quality opponent.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Kid just made a tough circus shot at the end with her off hand. Just have to tip your hat when a great player makes a great play.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

We competed entire game despite all the turnovers and poor shooting Rebounding was indicative of the desire. Need to follow it up with a win tomorrow.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

I can’t help but wonder how much Chelsie Hall would have enjoyed playing in this offense….it seems tailor-made for her game. I really doubt Koi could have helped us much with her desire to go one on one every time she got the ball. I hope she is happy with her decision….3 minutes,0 points, one block and 2 turnovers. We had a golden opportunity to win this game….I believe Doubledore would have been thrilled at the defensive effort this afternoon and the halftime adjustments made by coach on our offensive sets. It’s a shame our ladies couldn’t have been rewarded with the win….they certainly deserve some good fortune!!
Doubledore
Lieutenant

Post by Doubledore »

Ndorefin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:30 pm I can’t help but wonder how much Chelsie Hall would have enjoyed playing in this offense….it seems tailor-made for her game. I really doubt Koi could have helped us much with her desire to go one on one every time she got the ball. I hope she is happy with her decision….3 minutes,0 points, one block and 2 turnovers. We had a golden opportunity to win this game….I believe Doubledore would have been thrilled at the defensive effort this afternoon and the halftime adjustments made by coach on our offensive sets. It’s a shame our ladies couldn’t have been rewarded with the win….they certainly deserve some good fortune!!
You would be correct Ndorefin. Unfortunately I was unable to follow the game but checked out the box score which suggested a terrific defensive effort.
HuskyT
Ensign

Post by HuskyT »

I am so impressed by what I saw today. A scrappy, disciplined team going toe to toe with one of the top teams in the country. Terrific team defense, consistent in running the half court offense. Patient and composed through most of the game. They were athletically outclassed. They were tremendously undersized. I'm sure they snuck up of 'Zona, but in basketball you only sneak up for 10 minutes then the game begins. It's going to take a while to learn how to win these games but they will learn. I'm sure there are several bumps in the road ahead, but every game is planting seeds for the future. I certainly hope Shea wins SEC COY. That will be a big boost to recruiting.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Man, what a difference. You can tell this team is getting some proper coaching. Not the mess we saw the past couple of seasons. Shea said that they would focus on defense first and you can tell they actually did that.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic