Fun Video

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Fun Video

Post by MikeADore »

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: Fun Video

Post by VandyWhit »

Yes, fun video! I know we're not 100% sure of the quality of the competition, but still I'm feeling very encouraged by last night's game. I'm very pleased about the different ways we scored, with different players doing it. Not to overlook Jacksonville State on Sunday, but our Thanksgiving tournament games in the VI are formidable opponents, but I feel a little better about them than I did after our previous outing. However, even if we thoroughly creamed in one or more of those games, they will be extremely helpful for our preparation for the SEC, so I'm glad we've got them on the schedule.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Two big things for me, Whit: Flournoy flashed the potential we've heard about from the recruiting process, and Sacha Washington is starting to do the same along with Iyana Moore.

The other thing is that coach Ralph has managed to get this team to buy into working hard and being enthusiastic on the defensive end. Except for a couple of brief stretches in the third quarter last night, the effort was pretty consistent. Tech is one of those rhythm offense teams a lot like Balcomb's best teams at Vandy were. That rhythm got totally disrupted by Vandy's defense last night.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Cheesman must be deep in the doghouse to only get 2 minutes of PT. I would still like to see Chambers get more minutes….she’s so athletic and fun to watch. The manner in which all the ladies played tonight means you’re really going to have to get after it in practice to get playing time! It was great to see our freshman guards playing point, giving Cambridge a much needed break.
VandyDan78
Captain

Post by VandyDan78 »

It was an improvement over the last game, for sure. That’s what I’m searching for this season is to see improvement game by game. Sure, Tennessee Tech isn’t Arizona so the Thanksgiving tourney will be interesting. Glad to see the freshman playing well last night and finally some shots falling! I’m curious to know why we haven’t seen Bella LaChance play at all, also the graduate transfer Asha Taylor?
SV#
DoreRayMe
Lieutenant

Post by DoreRayMe »

I watched Jacksonville State's recent narrow victory over a decent Samford squad. Officials permitted JSU to play a hyper aggressive, physical style of defense. Pretty much constant contact yet very few calls. I hope the zebras are a little more observant when we face JSU, otherwise we could be in for a difficult game.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

What's the story (if any) on Pearl, Gardner, and LaChance not playing a lick so far this season?
Locked Previous topicNext topic