Checking in on Our Transfers

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Checking in on Our Transfers

Post by MikeADore »

Chelsie Hall--Louisville: She's off to a good start, playing 27 minutes per game and averaging 8 points and 3 assists. She's the starting point guard for a team that's likely to finish in the top 10 nationally. Chelsie got a little bit of a break because coach Jeff Walz decided to install a new offense this year, so she got in on the ground floor. Louisville opened the season against Arizona and Koi Love. Hall stole the ball from Love at one point in the game and got fouled on the other end. She didn't make a show of it, but she did appear to be smiling after the play. I love Chelsie Hall and can't complain about her leaving after giving us four good years.

Koi Love--Arizona: So far she has been a role player for the Wildcats, who are obviously loaded after finishing second in the nation last year. While they don't seem to be quite as potent this season, they're still very good. Love is averaging 13 minutes and 3.3 points per game. I don't know if it's my imagination, but she looked a bit more slender and maybe a bit quicker in the Louisville game.

Autumn Newby--LSU: After sitting out all last season, she transferred to Baton Rouge, and shortly after she arrived, Kim Mulkey arrived from Baylor as coach. So far the team results are mixed with a 14-point home loss to Florida Gulf Coast, but Newby appears to be thriving so far. She's averaged 28 minutes, 10 rebounds and 5 points per game.

Emily Bowman--Samford: Emily hasn't played the first two games. Not sure if she's injured, redshirting or just hasn't caught up with the rest of the team after joining this summer. I think she has a chance to eventually do well there. She was just always going to have a tough time with SEC post players physically.

Kyndall Golden--Anyone know where she wound up? I tried to find out but failed.

VandyDan78
Captain

Re: Checking in on Our Transfers

Post by VandyDan78 »

I was watching the game when Chelsie stole the ball from Koi. Loved the playful grin afterwards. They will definitely both be a great addition to Arizona & Louisville.

On another note and speaking of transfers…. I noticed that Blessing Ejiofor is still playing college ball. Don’t think she has done much at West Virginia but odd to still see her name show up on stats. What an odd path for her with her delay due to the visa issue, transferring to a junior college and then her third year at WV. Crazy.

Oh, and just saw that Melanie Balcomb is now the Assistant Coach at Div II Ohio Dominican College… found that a bit interesting.
SV#
DoreRayMe
Lieutenant

Re: Checking in on Our Transfers

Post by DoreRayMe »

Word in Birmingham is that Emily's paperwork didn't make an NCAA deadline so she will be redshirting this year. My source thinks that may be a blessing in disguise allowing Emily to hit the weights.
Locked Previous topicNext topic