Team Photo

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Team Photo

Post by MikeADore »

I'm sure there are other photos somewhere, but this is the one they posted to twitter.

VandyBias
Ensign

Re: Team Photo

Post by VandyBias »

Pretty crappy picture someone took on their phone while it’s obvious they’re having a professional photo-shot. Couldn’t they just post those?
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyBias wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:30 am Pretty crappy picture someone took on their phone while it’s obvious they’re having a professional photo-shot. Couldn’t they just post those?
I'm assuming they will, I just don't know where or when. I thought they might be on the school's vu. commodore.com site, but not yet.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

VandyBias wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:30 am Pretty crappy picture someone took on their phone while it’s obvious they’re having a professional photo-shot. Couldn’t they just post those?
They probably couldn't have posted the official photos so quickly. They'd have to wait for the official photograph to finish the photo shoot, sort through and organized the photos, and deliver/upload them. I agree it's a phone photo, likely taken by a staff member who was attending the photo shoot, but even though it's far from a high quality photo, it does show us that the team had a photo shoot, and it's good to be able to put numbers (and therefore name) with faces, relative height, etc. Presumably we'll see the official photos in due course.

Given how often we complain about a dearth of info from the program, I'm glad they posted the "quick and dirty" photo instead of waiting until the official photos are ready to be made public.
VandyBias
Ensign

Post by VandyBias »

VandyWhit wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:47 pm
They probably couldn't have posted the official photos so quickly. They'd have to wait for the official photograph to finish the photo shoot, sort through and organized the photos, and deliver/upload them. I agree it's a phone photo, likely taken by a staff member who was attending the photo shoot, but even though it's far from a high quality photo, it does show us that the team had a photo shoot, and it's good to be able to put numbers (and therefore name) with faces, relative height, etc. Presumably we'll see the official photos in due course.

Given how often we complain about a dearth of info from the program, I'm glad they posted the "quick and dirty" photo instead of waiting until the official photos are ready to be made public.

Totally get what you’re saying, only reason I bought said point up was when that Mens basketball had a photoshot they then had multiple professional quality pictures up within the day. I get that WBB doesn’t bring in nearly as much money as MBB but it’s hard to get people in the seats when no causal fans know what’s going on in the program. MBB did a video series introducing the freshman and new players, no reason WBB couldn’t do that. Fans literally have to play a guessing game with who’s on the roster and what they bring to the program. WBB has multiple salaried social media / publicity people that could at least provide somewhere close to the amount of quality content that MBB has. I’m too young to remember a good WBB team at VU but it seems like VU has just given up on the program, there should’ve been a lot more coverage and publicity surrounding the ralph hire but from what I remember there wasn’t much at all. WBB needs to give fans something to be excited about in terms of on court product or attendance will continue to be abysmal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic