Vandy Among A Host of Schools Visiting St. Johns College High School

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Vandy Among A Host of Schools Visiting St. Johns College High School

Post by MikeADore »

Don't know what all they have going on up there, but it sure did draw a crowd. St. Johns is a private Catholic school in Washington, D.C. They held a series of open-gym workouts i(at least six of them) in the last week or so with college coaches invited to attend. Tons of schools, including Vandy (Monday), took them up on the invitation.

I know they have a player, Delaney Thomas, who played on the U16 national team that rolled in Mexico recently. Not sure what else, but judging from the list of schools they thanked for attending on their twitter page, it must be pretty good.

ETA: Ah, St.Johns is the alma mater of Azzi Fudd, the number one player in this year's class, who is ready to start her freshman year at UConn.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Vandy Among A Host of Schools Visiting St. Johns College High School

Post by MikeADore »

I'm thinking now that Vandy was at St.Johns to watch Delaney Thomas. I don't have any specific info to confirm this, but I do recall that coach Demille was in Mexico watching the U16 national team play, then shortly after the tourney ends we show up at her high school workout. Vandy targets Jaloni Cambridge and Olivia Olson were part of that national team along with Thomas.

There are other St.Johns players with D1 offers though it's hard to pin down exactly who has what offers.
HuskyT
Ensign

Re: Vandy Among A Host of Schools Visiting St. Johns College High School

Post by HuskyT »

Delaney Thomas 6'2" small forward Class of 2023, Averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds for U16 Gold medal FIBA Apparently a late bloomer that's getting a lot of interest lately.

Here is her profile from NCAA basketball (definitely sounds like a fit for Vandy): I'm am a kinesthetic leaner, art is a long time passion of mine, and I love playing soccer. I am competitive player and extremely coachable. Engineering is a great skill of mine along with drawing, playing instruments, and athletics. learning new things is always a desire of mine. I hope to continue competing in soccer as long as I can. Biomechanics is my planned degree because I have always been interested in how the human body moves and how much we take advantage of simple tasks such as picking up a pencil. Biomechanics gives those who have either been born without or have lost limbs the chance to do simple tasks like everyone around them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic