Since the WBB Twitter and VU Website Totally Ignored ...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Since the WBB Twitter and VU Website Totally Ignored ...

Post by MikeADore »

...the start of women's basketball practice, I thought you might enjoy this.

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/if-thi ... eo.174218/

vu. commodores. com did do a good writeup on the first day of men's practice along with player and coach interviews. And, the men's twitter account did mention the start of practice. So, there's that at least.

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Re: Since the WBB Twitter and VU Website Totally Ignored ...

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

They have put stuff up on Instagram.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

They posted a video on twitter this evening . . .

Nicely produced video, but somewhat short on basic info, like, was today actually the first official practice? If not, when is it?
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyWhit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 pm They posted a video on twitter this evening . . .

Nicely produced video, but somewhat short on basic info, like, was today actually the first official practice? If not, when is it?
It was yesterday, the 29th.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

VandyWhit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 pm They posted a video on twitter this evening . . .

Honestly, I don't think old-time, old-school fans are the target of this kind of social media post. I'd rather see a well-written article with specific info. But I don't think I'm the target; rather, I think the target is the younger set, especially recruits and to a lesser extent younger fans. I actually don't have a problem with that approach; attracting younger fans and appealing to recruits seems like a very good idea to me, and though I'm not an expert, it seems like a well-done video to me. So though it isn't my own personal cup-of-tea, I don't have a problem with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic