Olivia Olson, ESPN #9, Gets Offer

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Olivia Olson, ESPN #9, Gets Offer

Post by MikeADore »

Olivia Olson, a class of '24 prospect from Minnesota, received a Vanderbilt offer in mid July. She has 30-plus offers from across the country and is sure to have many more before it's over. She's a sophomore this year. Vandy, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida are the SEC schools with offers in along with the majority of the B1G schools. Baylor, Louisville, Notre Dame and North Carolina are among other schools with early offers. She's listed at 6'0 and 6'1 at different sites and obviously has an elite skill level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BtxZupDBj8

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Olivia Olson, ESPN #9, Gets Offer

Post by MikeADore »

I love watching a good passer. It's my favorite part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldfWAIDjHFI
VandyBias
Ensign

Post by VandyBias »

Wow and she's only a sophomore! Honestly might have better ball-handling and passing skills than some of the guys at her age. I know it's still early but this would be a huge get for Coach Ralph, could turn into a Sabrina Ionescu / Paige Buckers kind of sensational talent at PG.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyBias wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:05 am Wow and she's only a sophomore! Honestly might have better ball-handling and passing skills than some of the guys at her age. I know it's still early but this would be a huge get for Coach Ralph, could turn into a Sabrina Ionescu / Paige Buckers kind of sensational talent at PG.
I agree. It will definitely be a hard road to get her. For instance, look who was in Minnesota watching her work out last week. He (Geno) also stopped in to see Ashlynn Shade in Indiana while he was out and about. (ETA: Forgot to mention that Olivia was a member of the USA U16 team that recently dominated at the FIBA U16 Americas tourney in Mexico).

Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

WOW! Hope Coach can reel her in! So young too! Great skills shooting & passing!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Versus75
Admiral

And unlike the guy in the Louisville sweatshirt ...

Post by Versus75 »

... it appears as though Geno is actuallly watching the game.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: And unlike the guy in the Louisville sweatshirt ...

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Versus75 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:12 pm ... it appears as though Geno is actuallly watching the game.
Funny how he's the only one who doesn't have to wear logo apparel...
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: And unlike the guy in the Louisville sweatshirt ...

Post by MikeADore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:13 pm
Versus75 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:12 pm ... it appears as though Geno is actuallly watching the game.
Funny how he's the only one who doesn't have to wear logo apparel...
ESPN released its revised rankings for recruits a few days after this visit. Olson moved up from #9 to #3 in the class. Coincidence? Me thinks not. :roll:

Dude has pull. It's like Saban flying across the country to watch a player work out. Folks notice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic