What's So Great About This Photo?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Hint: Look at the SEC post-player body right in the middle. That's freshman Sacha Washington, who is 6'2 and is said to be a banger inside. I'm excited to see if she lives up to the hype (ranked 57 in the country).

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: What's So Great About This Photo?

Post by VandyWhit »

Yes, she looks like she could do some damage! Let's see if that successfully posts the photo . . .

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Having 14 healthy D-1 level athletes on the women's team for the first time in a while.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyWhit wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:12 am Yes, she looks like she could do some damage! Let's see if that successfully posts the photo . . .

Thanks, Whit. Can you tell me how you found this code in order to post the photo?
https:// pbs.twimg.com/media/E_WfqUxVEAAtYSE?format=jpg&name= small

Is that a top-secret admin thing? Or, maybe you're one of those Carlos Santana Black Magic Woman types?
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Is that a top-secret admin thing? Or, maybe you're one of those Carlos Santana Black Magic Woman types?
:lol: Nothing secret or magical. It differs a bit by platform but the secret is to find a way to "Copy Image Address". On my using Chrome on my Windows laptop, it's holding CTRL down while right-clicking on the image. You get a bunch of options on what you want to do. "Copy Image Address" is one of them. On my Chromebook, it's just alt-click to get the options. I haven't checked my Mac, but google says it's the same as the Chromebook if you're using Chrome or Safarai. Good luck - let me know if you're successful.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Woo hoo. Worked like a charm on my iMac (Just control and click on pic).Thanks.

By the way, I see you cleverly avoided the whole Black Magic Woman subject. Verrrrry interesting. :P
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:46 pm What's So Great About This Photo?

Having 14 healthy D-1 level athletes on the women's team for the first time in a while.
Under the prior staff, half of those would be injured before the 4th game. Half the rest would be contemplating transfer.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

MikeADore wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:51 pm Image

Woo hoo. Worked like a charm on my iMac (Just control and click on pic).Thanks.

By the way, I see you cleverly avoided the whole Black Magic Woman subject. Verrrrry interesting. :P
OK, now that we've taken care of that . . . can you name all the players? Anybody?
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

I'll try, but it's a pure guess on a few of them.

Back row (10 players) left to right:
Kaylon Smith, Khaniah Gardner, Bella LaChance, Sacha Washington, Yaubryon Chambers (in back with head thrown back), Brylee Bartram, Jordyn Cambridge, Kiara Pearl, Demi Washington and Brinae Alexander.

Front row: Kendal Cheesman, Asha Taylor, De’Mauri Flournoy and Iyana Moore. (I actually have no idea which is Flournoy and which is Moore, but that's my guess).

By the way, those three Florida girls, LaChance, Cheesman and Taylor, could pass for sisters.
KCDAD
Seaman Recruit

Post by KCDAD »

You got the names right, but missed 8.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

KCDAD wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:28 am You got the names right, but missed 8.
Ha. Got 8 of them wrong? That's even worse than I thought I'd do. I figured I'd miss four. Five of these girls are new, and we haven't seen a few of the others since the 2019-20 season since they were out with injuries/sickness last year. Could you give us the correct names, please?
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

MikeADore wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:56 am
KCDAD wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:28 am You got the names right, but missed 8.
Ha. Got 8 of them wrong? That's even worse than I thought I'd do. I figured I'd miss four. Five of these girls are new, and we haven't seen a few of the others since the 2019-20 season since they were out with injuries/sickness last year. Could you give us the correct names, please?
Yes, yes, could you post the names? I'm sure MikeADore and I aren't the only ones interested.
KCDAD
Seaman Recruit

Post by KCDAD »

Back Row L to R: Demi Washington, Yaubryon Chambers, Bella LaChance, Sacha Washington, Khaniah Gardner, Brylee Bartram, Jordyn Cambridge, Kiara Pearl, Iyana Moore, Brinae Alexander
Front L to R: Asha Taylor, Kendal Cheesman, Kaylon Smith, De'Mauri Flournoy
Anchor Down!!
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

KCDAD wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:04 pm Back Row L to R: Demi Washington, Yaubryon Chambers, Bella LaChance, Sacha Washington, Khaniah Gardner, Brylee Bartram, Jordyn Cambridge, Kiara Pearl, Iyana Moore, Brinae Alexander
Front L to R: Asha Taylor, Kendal Cheesman, Kaylon Smith, De'Mauri Flournoy
Anchor Down!!
Thanks. Shame on me for not even getting Demi right since she has been my favorite because of her hustle and tough attitude. She is among those who missed last season, so that's my excuse...long time no see.

Could be my imagination, but it seems Yaubryon has added a bit of muscle. She was one of the few positive surprises last season. Runs like a deer and developed some nifty moves around the basket.

A surefire trivia stumper: Who led the Lady Commodores in shooting percentage last season? Almost everyone is sure to say Chelsie Hall or Koi Love. Actually, it was Yaubryon Chambers, who shot 50 percent. She didn't shoot if often, though. Mostly putbacks. @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic