Starters

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold

Ndorefin

Starters

Post by Ndorefin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:15 am

We had 3 starters that scored a total of 2 points against Mo. In addition to triple teaming Fas when she had the ball, they played Walker so tight she couldn’t even get open for a pass. I hope we work on passing out of the post this week...there has to be someone open. A great game plan by Mo. that worked to perfection. If opponents play Walker that tight, she may as well be on the bench. It would be interesting to see if she would be more effective coming off the bench. Cambridge is very quick and Alexander can drive and shoot. Great to see Hall back...we need her desperately!
0 x

Dorewithaflare

Re: Starters

Post by Dorewithaflare » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 am

Alexander shows signs of being an SEC type player,the other girl i don't see it. The best thing that happen to this team is getting Hall back in there. The point has been a joke.
0 x

Ndorefin

Post by Ndorefin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Cambridge was injured all of last year and they didn’t expect her to be able to play until this past January. It’s obvious she’s nowhere near the player she will be if she can recover fully. Watch her on defense...she’s the best at guarding the point of anyone we have had in years. She also has a nice, smooth shot and was actually rated higher than Alexander, who was physically and mentally ready to play when she stepped foot on campus. Two really worthy SEC recruits that we need to get healthy!!
0 x

dore43

Post by dore43 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 am

Ndorefin wrote:Cambridge was injured all of last year and they didn’t expect her to be able to play until this past January. It’s obvious she’s nowhere near the player she will be if she can recover fully. Watch her on defense...she’s the best at guarding the point of anyone we have had in years. She also has a nice, smooth shot and was actually rated higher than Alexander, who was physically and mentally ready to play when she stepped foot on campus. Two really worthy SEC recruits that we need to get healthy!!
Cambridge did a great job of making Chennedy Carter's life hell in the box and one in the home game v. A&M.... She also played really well defensively and in other areas (turnovers notwithstanding) in the rematch in College Station.

I have a feeling she'll receive extended playing time at Ole Miss Thursday chasing Allen - who is really their only threat. I'm confident in our chances to win that one even though we struggle on the road and Realtimerpi's algorithms have us losing by 8. They have no answer for Mariella and Lealea should get a lot of drives in the paint.

@GAD
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic