Vanderbilt Fanatics Departments
Accessories Auto Backpacks Collectibles Footwear Golf & Sports
Hats Home & Office Jackets Jerseys Lawn & Garden Pajamas
Pants Polos Shirts & Sweats Shorts Sweatshirts Swim & Beach
T-Shirts Tailgate Baseball Basketball Football Everything

Seton Hall tonight 6:45

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold

commadore

Re: Seton Hall tonight 6:45

Post by commadore » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:21 am

But wait, you al! Chastized me when I said I didn't think she was all that good of a coach. Now are you agreeing with me or are you just mad?
0 x

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 pm

commadore wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:21 am
But wait, you al! Chastized me when I said I didn't think she was all that good of a coach. Now are you agreeing with me or are you just mad?
Sometimes it's kinda hard to keep track of who's said what, but I think that people have been generally been pretty consistent in their views of Coach White, e.g., Doubledore and vandyandy expressing doubts and Ndorefin and charlestonalum expressing confidence. You could go back and look but I think that the people who are agreeing with you in this thread probably have been agreeing with you all along, while the same people who "chastized" you before probably don't agree with you now, either.

As for me, I think I've been pretty consistently middle of the road, not giving up but also not very confident, etc. Possibly there were moments when I was more optimistic or more pessimistic, but basically that's the way I've felt since her hiring was announced.
1 x

Ndorefin

Post by Ndorefin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm

I’ll say we do need some shooters, but the injury to Alexander was devastating. Hall and Newby need to step up big time! At least, the frosh will be able to get some valuable minutes, but I am not as positive for this season as I was before the injuries. I still am a believer in CSW as a coach and the negativity directed towards her, IMHO, was more personal than anything else.... the prejudice is very difficult to conceal. I don’t know how you can place the blame on the coach for 29 turnovers, with 9 coming in the 4th quarter. Recruiting is still paramount in the success of the program, as the cupboard was bare when CSW arrived. It’s not as easy as it once was in WBB, but I believe we have a premier opportunity to offer any young lady.
1 x

geeznotagain

Post by geeznotagain » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am

Ndorefin wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm
I’ll say we do need some shooters, but the injury to Alexander was devastating. Hall and Newby need to step up big time! At least, the frosh will be able to get some valuable minutes, but I am not as positive for this season as I was before the injuries. I still am a believer in CSW as a coach and the negativity directed towards her, IMHO, was more personal than anything else.... the prejudice is very difficult to conceal. I don’t know how you can place the blame on the coach for 29 turnovers, with 9 coming in the 4th quarter. Recruiting is still paramount in the success of the program, as the cupboard was bare when CSW arrived. It’s not as easy as it once was in WBB, but I believe we have a premier opportunity to offer any young lady.

I wish, once the cupboard was re-stocked, we didn't have so many packages that tumbled off the shelves.
0 x

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:24 pm

geeznotagain wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
Ndorefin wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm

I wish, once the cupboard was re-stocked, we didn't have so many packages that tumbled off the shelves.
I see what you did there! :lol:
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic