OT: AD CSL

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

OT: AD CSL

Post by Go Vandy! »

I don't dislike Candice. She has been very loyal to VU. (Whether she had other options or not is open to debate.) I'd be happy to see the university recognize her true value & promote her to Kirkland.

LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Re: OT: AD CSL

Post by LawoftheWest »

To me, this seems to be a strange post. I am working hard to figure out what the poster is trying to say and what is the objective. Is there a hidden meaning or agenda that is not self-evident, at least to me?

The poster starts off by saying he or she does not dislike Candice. That sounds ominous.

Then the poster writes that Candice should be kicked upstairs (promoted) to Kirkland. This sounds like fire our AD by promoting her out of the athletic department. No context is given, if that is in fact the meaning. Does the poster think Candice is doing a poor job? No explanation. I believe she did hire our football and women's basketball coaches.

Myself, I like Candice as AD. She has three degrees from Vandy, including a PhD. So she is extremely smart. She has a wealth of experience in athletic administration, although I think her strengths were not evident working for prior ADs.

So, what is the point of the original post? :? :?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

The agenda might be so Coach Stackhouse can be AD, but who knows - one of the more inscruitable posts.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

Given our structural challenges in the revenue sports, is it possible for one to be a good AD and not have successful programs in those sports? Sometimes I think yes, but on the other hand, those are the big enchilada in an athletic department.
Locked Previous topicNext topic