just wondering

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

docdore
Vice Admiral

just wondering

Post by docdore »

does anyone know what our conversion rate of offers to nli's is.....and how we compare with other programs?

dcdore
Admiral

Re: just wondering

Post by dcdore »

Hell, we're lucky to convert commits to NLI's
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Probably similar to the University acceptance rate for students: About 6.7%

https://admissions.vanderbilt.edu/profile/
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

It's a great question, and I doubt anyone outside of the program can really answer it. Off the top of my head I would guess around 80-120 offers go out every year, resulting in 20-25 commitments/signees. Lots of them go out to prospects that Vandy seems to have little chance of actually landing, but you have to try.

I have heard the coaches on the current staff talk about before a prospect gets an offer, multiple coaches have to sign off on it, and there are of course academic criteria that the prospect has to meet.

P.S. Not everyone that is visiting for Junior Day Saturday has an offer. The coaches will try to talk individually with each of them to gauge their interest, and some of them will walk away with offers.
Dores137
Lieutenant

Post by Dores137 »

I was curious about this, so did a bit of searching and 247Sports had data on offers given out and those accepted/signed. Whether this is an accurate number of offers given out, likely only the programs know for certain but at least it gives us an idea.

I chose a couple of like minded academic schools in the power 5 and a couple of SEC schools for comparison. When I have more time I'd like to break this down as compared to the whole SEC and even FBS, as well as by star rating. But for now...

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbil ... ll/Offers/
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

Dores137 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:58 pm I was curious about this, so did a bit of searching and 247Sports had data on offers given out and those accepted/signed. Whether this is an accurate number of offers given out, likely only the programs know for certain.

I chose a couple of like minded academic schools in the power 5 and a couple of SEC schools for comparison. When I have more time I'd like to break this down as compared to the whole SEC and even FBS, as well as by star rating. But for now...

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbil ... ll/Offers/
nice research, 137. now….explain the data to us.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Kentucky must just Offer anybody with a pulse.

I would have thought Bama’s percentage would be much higher because they can afford to be selective.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Good answer to question.
Locked Previous topicNext topic