There's a lot of terrible teams

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

There's a lot of terrible teams

Post by Vandy187187 »

in the NFL playoffs. Some teams lost the game before they even knew it. Look at the NY giants, not the great team not pretty but efficient and the QB makes plays legs and arm. The opposite is the Tampa bay Bucs. Relying on a 40 year old to throw the ball 60 times today. That's coaching and that's all there is to it. Daboll is a great coach with an average QB. Bowles is a terrible coach with a HOF QB that he can't protect. This is the worst beat down of TB's career and it's because they are relying on TB to be 25 again. Between Tampa and the Chargers I don't know who has the worst coach with all this talent. Maybe Jeff Saturday he lost the biggest lead of all time the other day.

CCL at least knows he has to run the football because there's no option to win throwing it 60 times to 10 rushes.

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: There's a lot of terrible teams

Post by vandy05 »

Vandy187187 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:11 pm in the NFL playoffs. Some teams lost the game before they even knew it. Look at the NY giants, not the great team not pretty but efficient and the QB makes plays legs and arm. The opposite is the Tampa bay Bucs. Relying on a 40 year old to throw the ball 60 times today. That's coaching and that's all there is to it. Daboll is a great coach with an average QB. Bowles is a terrible coach with a HOF QB that he can't protect. This is the worst beat down of TB's career and it's because they are relying on TB to be 25 again. Between Tampa and the Chargers I don't know who has the worst coach with all this talent. Maybe Jeff Saturday he lost the biggest lead of all time the other day.

CCL at least knows he has to run the football because there's no option to win throwing it 60 times to 10 rushes.
I must correct that when TB was 25 he wasn't relied upon very heavily to help the Patriots win. That was well before the high powered offenses they became so well-known for. Also, TB is now 45 and not 40. The man is pretty old for an NFL player, probably the oldest of all-time. I head that he has now spent more of his life as an NFL player than not. How incredible is that?!?!
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

vandy05 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:09 am ..... Also, TB is now 45 and not 40. The man is pretty old for an NFL player, probably the oldest of all-time. I head that he has now spent more of his life as an NFL player than not. How incredible is that?!?!
At least the Cowboys gave him a few extra weeks to reflect and rest. So thoughtful of them.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

vandy05 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:09 am
Vandy187187 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:11 pm in the NFL playoffs. Some teams lost the game before they even knew it. Look at the NY giants, not the great team not pretty but efficient and the QB makes plays legs and arm. The opposite is the Tampa bay Bucs. Relying on a 40 year old to throw the ball 60 times today. That's coaching and that's all there is to it. Daboll is a great coach with an average QB. Bowles is a terrible coach with a HOF QB that he can't protect. This is the worst beat down of TB's career and it's because they are relying on TB to be 25 again. Between Tampa and the Chargers I don't know who has the worst coach with all this talent. Maybe Jeff Saturday he lost the biggest lead of all time the other day.

I must correct that when TB was 25 he wasn't relied upon very heavily to help the Patriots win. That was well before the high powered offenses they became so well-known for. Also, TB is now 45 and not 40. The man is pretty old for an NFL player, probably the oldest of all-time. I head that he has now spent more of his life as an NFL player than not. How incredible is that?!?!
George Blanca was 49, almost 50 when he played his last game.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

And George Blanda spent most of his last few years as a kicker, not QB, except maybe as a backup.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

I retract my compliment of Daboll. Barkley had 4 carries for 7 yards in the first half. On the first possession of the 2nd half he had 5 carries for 54 yards. Their DC coordinator played their CBs 10 yards off of Devante Smith and the other WRs all game. It was a complete blowout and the game planning was terrible. All year the formula was run run run RB and QB and play aggressive D. Today they wanted Daniel Jones to be Peyton Manning, they left their stud RB with no carries. It was a blowout. Bad coaching all around.
Locked Previous topicNext topic