Congratulations to the Tulane Green Wave

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DS2001
Rear Admiral

Congratulations to the Tulane Green Wave

Post by DS2001 »

It’s been many years since the Green Wave have tasted Football success. They used to be a member of the SEC and were a regular opponent of ours.
They’ve been to hell and back athletically. Hurricane Katrina almost did them in.
But today, in front of 30,000 screaming fans in New Orleans, they got revenge on UCF 45-28 and will get to go to the Cotton Bowl .
I wish it were us, but I’m happy for a fellow “academic” institution.

DivergentDore
Commander

Re: Congratulations to the Tulane Green Wave

Post by DivergentDore »

Willie was a home run hire for them. Met him several times when he was at Sam Houston and always came away very impressed.
Dorefrom88
Commander

Post by Dorefrom88 »

I watched a little bit of that game. The announcers were talking about the fact that when Tulane beat Cincinnati the previous week, it was their first win against a ranked opponent since 1984. At least they didn't say who that ranked opponent was in 84. *Sigh* Thirty-eight years later, and it still stings.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Dorefrom88 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:41 pm I watched a little bit of that game. The announcers were talking about the fact that when Tulane beat Cincinnati the previous week, it was their first win against a ranked opponent since 1984. At least they didn't say who that ranked opponent was in 84. *Sigh* Thirty-eight years later, and it still stings.
Too soon...
Locked Previous topicNext topic