Who should be awarded the Heisman?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

thefan
Captain

Who should be awarded the Heisman?

Post by thefan »

Even though I despise individual awards for team sports, I think the Alabama quarterback has separated himself away from others as the the top choice!

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Who should be awarded the Heisman?

Post by dallasdore »

In my opinion, this is the worst crop of heisman candidates in a long time. My guess is that shroud will win it, but if he faces a real defense in the playoffs he will get exposed.

Not even close to a top 5 who will be invited to NY. It’s a crap shoot.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

thefan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:12 pm Even though I despise individual awards for team sports, I think the Alabama quarterback has separated himself away from others as the the top choice!
Bryce Young has been a better QB this season than he was last season when he won the Heisman, but he won't won't repeat in my opinion. He might not even be a finalist, which would be an insult to his talent. To be a repeat winner, he probably needed to not only win every game and go wire-to-wire as the QB of the #1 team in the rankings, but beat every team almost single-handedly.

The receivers he had last year, compared to this year, made his job a lot easier and flashier. Without him last year, Alabama would have still been a very good team, possibly a 10 win team, but without him this season would have probably been the worst W/L record of the Saban Era besides year one.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

coachinwaiting wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:33 am
thefan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:12 pm Even though I despise individual awards for team sports, I think the Alabama quarterback has separated himself away from others as the the top choice!
Bryce Young has been a better QB this season than he was last season when he won the Heisman, but he won't won't repeat in my opinion. He might not even be a finalist, which would be an insult to his talent. To be a repeat winner, he probably needed to not only win every game and go wire-to-wire as the QB of the #1 team in the rankings, but beat every team almost single-handedly.

The receivers he had last year, compared to this year, made his job a lot easier and flashier. Without him last year, Alabama would have still been a very good team, possibly a 10 win team, but without him this season would have probably been the worst W/L record of the Saban Era besides year one.
Not to mention he has played hurt for the last half of the season.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

commadore wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:07 am
coachinwaiting wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:33 am

Not to mention he has played hurt for the last half of the season.
True, and missed more than a game and a half. I don't think he really got healthy again until the Iron Bowl, and it showed last Saturday.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

I believe the SoCal QB, Williams, will win.
Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Post by Johnmn555 »

So long as it is recognized that the bylaws prohibit awarding the trophy to an individual whose primary uniform color is orange.
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

Johnmn555 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:07 pm So long as it is recognized that the bylaws prohibit awarding the trophy to an individual whose primary uniform color is orange.
I think Hooker was far and away the leader until the Vols were decimated by South Carolina; oops!
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

Ndorefin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:57 pm I believe the SoCal QB, Williams, will win.
....next up?
Locked Previous topicNext topic