Is anyone else watching the Clinic Bowl? Junior Sherrill is going off

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Is anyone else watching the Clinic Bowl? Junior Sherrill is going off

Post by BrentVU »

Lipscomb is rolling over CPA, and Vandy WR commit Maureice "Junior" Sherrill has scored FOUR touchdowns thus far... having himself quite a day!

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone else watching the Clinic Bowl?

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone else watching the Clinic Bowl?

Post by BrentVU »

CPA's London Humphreys (No. 21) had a tough day... note that he was covered by Kaleb Beasley, a Tennessee commit (No. 1). He had an amazing one-hand grab on this play, but it didn't count...
BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone else watching the Clinic Bowl? Junior Sherrill is going off

Post by BrentVU »

Congrats to Sherrill and Lipscomb on another state championship... his team went 26-0 and won two state championships his junior and senior year... not too shabby.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Sad to see such a sparse crowd.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

OldDude wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 pm Sad to see such a sparse crowd.
More fans than VU at a vandy game
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Lipscomb Academy wide receiver Junior Sherrill (3) celebrates his Most Valuable Player award after defeating CPA 42 to 0 to win the 2022 Division II Class AA State Football Championship at Finley Stadium Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022 in Chattanooga, Tenn.
George Walker IV / The Tennessean

Lipscomb Academy wide receiver Junior Sherrill (3) rushes past a CPA defender during the second half of the 2022 Division II Class AA State Football Championship at Finley Stadium Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022 in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Lipscomb Academy wide receiver Junior Sherrill (3) dives into the end zone for a touchdown past CPA defenders during the second quarter of the 2022 Division II Class AA State Football Championship at Finley Stadium Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022 in Chattanooga, Tenn.

CPA wide receiver London Humphreys (21) is pulled down by a Lipscomb Academy defender during the second quarter of the 2022 Division II Class AA State Football Championship at Finley Stadium Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022 in Chattanooga, Tenn.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

"I'm feeling great right now because this shows that all of our hard work paid off," Sherrill said. "I'm really grateful for everything Coach Dilfer has done for me since he got here. I had two injuries and he could have moved on from, but he stuck with me throughout and I'm grateful for that."...

"People always want to ask me, 'What is this offense called?' It's called get the dude the ball and Junior is a dude," Dilfer said.

He put the game away in the third quarter scoring on a 2-yard run and six minutes later, [LA QB Hank] Brown found him over the middle. Sherrill broke a few tackles and was strolling into the end zone for the final time in his high school career.

"Getting to work with him this year was just so much fun," Brown said. "People don't realize how influential it is to have a guy like that at this level who you can just get the ball to and make people miss in the open field. I'm blessed to have had him as my wide receiver and I really believe he's the best in the country."

More...
Tennessean (premium): Why VU commit Sherrill thanked Dilfer after 4-TD championship game
(by Tom Kreager)
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Hopefully Sherrill won't be tempted to follow Dilfer to UAB.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:38 am Hopefully Sherrill won't be tempted to follow Dilfer to UAB.
Sherrill is solid.
Locked Previous topicNext topic