Clark Lea appearance on George Plaster show

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Clark Lea appearance on George Plaster show

Post by BrentVU »

Is there any media outlet Clark Lea hasn't hit this week? He appeared Wednesday on the George Plaster Show, and you can see it here... skip ahead to about 26 minutes in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bbdkqtupc8

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Clark Lea appearance on George Plaster show

Post by BrentVU »

Coach Lea also did a 45-minute interview on a podcast called "Head Coach University" this week... one of the hosts is former Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall, with whom Lea has formed a strong relationship, and you see why... an interesting interview! Lea goes a little deeper in reflecting on the twists and turns of the season thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChsEBFXWQ9M
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

And here is Chad Bishop's Five for Friday "keys to the game"...

VUCommodores: Five for Friday (Tennessee)
(by Chad Bishop)
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:53 am Coach Lea also did a 45-minute interview on a podcast called "Head Coach University" this week... one of the hosts is former Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall, with whom Lea has formed a strong relationship, and you see why... an interesting interview! Lea goes a little deeper in reflecting on the twists and turns of the season thus far.

OK, just finished listening to the whole thing... guys, I'm telling you, this is a must-listen. It gets into the heart and soul of what Coach Lea is about.

You can probably also find it in podcast form if you prefer that way. Search for "HeadCoachU".
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

OK, just finished listening to the whole thing... guys, I'm telling you, this is a must-listen. It gets into the heart and soul of what Coach Lea is about.

You can probably also find it in podcast form if you prefer that way. Search for "HeadCoachU".
[/quote]

Agree, a must listen! It makes me like Coach even more. Love his approach, and I imagine he will have success with the team.
secchamp
Lieutenant

Post by secchamp »

BrentVU wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:53 am Coach Lea also did a 45-minute interview on a podcast called "Head Coach University" this week... one of the hosts is former Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall, with whom Lea has formed a strong relationship, and you see why... an interesting interview! Lea goes a little deeper in reflecting on the twists and turns of the season thus far.

That was a great interview. Thanks for posting. I have alot of confidence in Lea and the future of our program.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

EagleDore wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:52 am OK, just finished listening to the whole thing... guys, I'm telling you, this is a must-listen. It gets into the heart and soul of what Coach Lea is about.

Agree, a must listen! It makes me like Coach even more. Love his approach, and I imagine he will have success with the team.
[/quote]

Agreed, that's the first time I've listened to anything from Plaster in 5 years or so (no particular reason - just kind of lost interest in his show). I really like listening to the simple philosophies with kind of the genius level undertones from CCL and I found myself really liking listening to Watson Brown. I am a little too young (don't say that often) to have seen him QB for Vandy but definitely remember him as the OC during the magical 82' season and then later HC in the late 80's/early 90's. Great listen, thank you for sharing.
JWCommodore
Rear Admiral

Post by JWCommodore »

Thanks for posting Brent. Excellent interview and makes me appreciate both Lea and Mendenhall.
Locked Previous topicNext topic