Tennessean's Gentry Estes profiles OC Joey Lynch

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Tennessean's Gentry Estes profiles OC Joey Lynch

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Tennessean's Gentry Estes profiles OC Joey Lynch

Post by BrentVU »

For subscribers only, Aria Gerson has this on Ray Davis:

"I definitely didn't know if Coach (Clark) Lea wanted me as a running back," Davis told The Tennessean. "I didn't know if he'd ever watched any film with me. I didn't know anything. So part of me was like, maybe I could look at some other options, and I had a lot of other options on the table. But, you know, Coach Lea FaceTimed me, I think about day two after he got the job. And said ... 'We want you, you're a guy that we like what you can do, we like what you can bring to the table, and we want you to know that we're going to respect the offer that was given, and we're going to respect your commitment.' So once he told me that, I still had to still look at options. But in the back of my mind, I knew this was a place I wanted to be."

Tennessean (premium): How Ray Davis went from academically ineligible to VU's bellcow
(by Aria Gerson)

The story also says Davis will graduate in December and hasn't made a decision on returning, but will have two years of eligibility remaining if he does.

Finally, a pretty good inside piece from the beat writer.
frstev17
Captain

Re: Tennessean's Gentry Estes profiles OC Joey Lynch

Post by frstev17 »

First things first, but fingers crossed that Ray decides to come back.
Locked Previous topicNext topic