that extra game….

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

roanoke
Admiral

that extra game….

Post by roanoke »

When you play at Hawaii, I believe you get the chance to schedule an extra game 13?

If we had scheduled an extra non-conference cupcake, we might be 6-6 now. I am pleasantly surprised with the 5 wins.

But it is hard to understand not getting in that extra game & making it a confidence builder…

When struggling Virginia Tech had to cancel their final game after the UVA tragedy, I wondered if they might go looking for some opponent with eligibility for an extra game available to play next weekend…. Evidently not. It would have been an interesting matchup. We’ll see it in 2024. A lot of Vandy ties on the Tech coaching staff….

Mrcommodore
Rear Admiral

Re: that extra game….

Post by Mrcommodore »

I thought about Virginia tech too. That would have been an interesting game and a nice makeup for them.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

My guess: not even CCL thought we'd be sitting at 5 Ws.
DonYates
Commodore

Post by DonYates »

We often snatch failure from the jaws of success in order to save money. We blew a chance to have our biggest victory in history a few years back when we let Notre Dame use ACC officials (their usual officials that take care of them) to save money. I imagine our AD folks thought we had no chance in that game. We lost because ND was allowed to get away with holding us for the entire game. I'll stop talking about that game some day, I guess.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

donyates wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:13 am We often snatch failure from the jaws of success in order to save money. We blew a chance to have our biggest victory in history a few years back when we let Notre Dame use ACC officials (their usual officials that take care of them) to save money. I imagine our AD folks thought we had no chance in that game. We lost because ND was allowed to get away with holding us for the entire game. I'll stop talking about that game some day, I guess.
Yeah, sure, Don, like I will stop talking about the Willie Gualt catch that he never caught in 1981, allowing the viles to score at the end of the game to beat us. :?
Locked Previous topicNext topic