OT: Mo Hasan

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

OT: Mo Hasan

Post by BrentVU »

I was thinking back to the last time Vandy won an SEC game, and that made me think of Mo Hasan, who was the hero of that win over Missouri in his only appearance as a quarterback for Vandy. He was also known for his off-the-field work with Second Spoon, an organization he founded to deliver meals to the homeless via a food truck.

This is his third season on the roster at USC (now coached by Lincoln Riley). Since leaving Vanderbilt he has had three serious leg injuries (most recently a torn Achilles) and has never played for the Trojans. But he remains on the roster, and this is his SEVENTH season on a college football roster:
2016 - Syracuse
2017-18 - Coffeyville JuCo
2019 - Vanderbilt
2020-22 USC
Obviously a medical redshirt or two in there; he was listed as a senior during the 2019 season at Vandy.

He's had an injury-plagued career; remember it was a late hit to his helmet as he was executing a slide that brought to an end his one season at Vandy.

I'm not sure of his current injury status, but the prospects of him getting playing time behind Caleb Williams at USC are not good. However he is now doing a USC Football-related podcast called "MoMentum", and he records his podcasts (also on YouTube) out of what I think is the same food truck he used when he was in Nashville. Here's the link to that...

He also did one episode on a podcast called GameFace about athletes marketing themselves, and also on that episode was another one-year Vandy player, Justice Shelton-Mosley...

Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: OT: Mo Hasan

Post by Levon »

BrentVU wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:18 pm I was thinking back to the last time Vandy won an SEC game, and that made me think of Mo Hasan, who was the hero of that win over Missouri in his only appearance as a quarterback for Vandy. He was also known for his off-the-field work with Second Spoon, an organization he founded to deliver meals to the homeless via a food truck.

This is his third season on the roster at USC (now coached by Lincoln Riley). Since leaving Vanderbilt he has had three serious leg injuries (most recently a torn Achilles) and has never played for the Trojans. But he remains on the roster, and this is his SEVENTH season on a college football roster:
2016 - Syracuse
2017-18 - Coffeyville JuCo
2019 - Vanderbilt
2020-22 USC
Obviously a medical redshirt or two in there; he was listed as a senior during the 2019 season at Vandy.

He's had an injury-plagued career; remember it was a late hit to his helmet as he was executing a slide that brought to an end his one season at Vandy.

I'm not sure of his current injury status, but the prospects of him getting playing time behind Caleb Williams at USC are not good. However he is now doing a USC Football-related podcast called "MoMentum", and he records his podcasts (also on YouTube) out of what I think is the same food truck he used when he was in Nashville. Here's the link to that...

He also did one episode on a podcast called GameFace about athletes marketing themselves, and also on that episode was another one-year Vandy player, Justice Shelton-Mosley...
I rarely get angry or upset watching a sporting event, but the hit the Missouri player gave him was one of the most egregious cheap shots I have ever seen. Hasan was clearly into his slide when the Mizzou player speared him head-to-head in what was an assault, not a football play. And of course the SEC officials didn't throw a flag. I was livid, wanted criminal charges brought. I still haven't gotten past that hit. Sorry to hear about his continuing injury status, but what a life he has has lived to date.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: OT: Mo Hasan

Post by Levon »

[tweet][/tweet]
Locked Previous topicNext topic