Scouting The Rebels??

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

Scouting The Rebels??

Post by mtnvandy »

I watched about half the UK game.

Think we can move ball vs them a bit.

Afraid they will light up our DBs.

Thoughts?

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Scouting The Rebels??

Post by Go Vandy! »

Unless we're worse than UK, they will win. I wonder if the majority of the board still disagrees with that.
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

They’ll beat us by whatever score they want to beat us by. Usually Ole Miss blows us out because Kiffin is a jerk and I’m sure he will want to make it look good for the pollsters so they will get as high of a ranking as they can.

Looking at their schedule I think Ole Miss could potentially be 10-1 this year, only losing to Bama. They could be an outside possibility for the CFP.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

Helmet to helmet non-call bailed ole miss out, SEC refs not so good for everyone.
Suspect we lose, but they aren’t Alabama…
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

Ole Miss is clearly better than us, but psychologically, we're in good position to give it a go. Remember, it's hard for a ranked team to ignore our 55-3 score from last week. We'll be discounted. They'll know how to stop us, because that staff knows what they're doing. That said, we have two weeks to get better and install some offensive wrinkles. Play with confidence and 'total effort' and who knows. That's why we play the game.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

dore74 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:21 pm Helmet to helmet non-call bailed ole miss out, SEC refs not so good for everyone.
Suspect we lose, but they aren’t Alabama…
I actually thought it was a great no call and the repeats of possible targeting by the announcers took away from a very good game. The defender came in low and the QB lowered himself to the tackling plane the defender had already established. Can't make it where defenders have to bail on a tackle just because a QB scrambling lowers his head.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

UK could easily have won that game. Ole Miss will run out of luck sometime and why not let it be against us.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I think Ole Miss will want to run the score up, especially if they get up early. I don't see our defense(aka DBs) stopping them very much. We can not cover receivers and give way too much cushion. Not sure about ON's defense. Maybe Swann can keep us in the game. We HAVE to figure out some other receivers besides Sheppard. Hopefully with two weeks to prepare coaches can add some plays in getting Wright involved with both Qb's in the game. I don't see a win here but who knows.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
mtnvandy
Captain

Rebel D last 3 games

Post by mtnvandy »

So the Rebels gave up ZERO points @ G Tech.
Then Tulsa goes to Ox Ms & puts up 27.
Last Saturday UK grinded out 19 but had multiple turnovers that cost them points.

It seems their D,like their HC,likes to gamble.

How will Vandy’s O match up with the Rebs D?

I did’t watch the Tulsa game, so am curious what they did to put up 27.

Thoughts?

MtnVandy

#BeatRebs
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Nashmann wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:43 pm I think Ole Miss will want to run the score up, especially if they get up early. I don't see our defense(aka DBs) stopping them very much. We can not cover receivers and give way too much cushion. Not sure about ON's defense. Maybe Swann can keep us in the game. We HAVE to figure out some other receivers besides Sheppard. Hopefully with two weeks to prepare coaches can add some plays in getting Wright involved with both Qb's in the game. I don't see a win here but who knows.
If we don’t see Wright involved, and get AT LEAST a half dozen touches, I’ll be very disappointed.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

geeznotagain wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:18 am
Nashmann wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:43 pm I think Ole Miss will want to run the score up, especially if they get up early. I don't see our defense(aka DBs) stopping them very much. We can not cover receivers and give way too much cushion. Not sure about ON's defense. Maybe Swann can keep us in the game. We HAVE to figure out some other receivers besides Sheppard. Hopefully with two weeks to prepare coaches can add some plays in getting Wright involved with both Qb's in the game. I don't see a win here but who knows.
If we don’t see Wright involved, and get AT LEAST a half dozen touches, I’ll be very disappointed.
Agree, we just don't have many ( maybe any ) guys with the raw athletic ability that Wright has. We have got to find a position that gets him on the field and the ball in his hands. It seems there must be some receiver routes that create RAC possibilities.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

We will not beat Ole Miss. They have a better HC and better players. I look for them to run up the score.

The only games left we MIGHT be competitive in are the SC and Mizzou games.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

Doreknox wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:57 am We will not beat Ole Miss. They have a better HC and better players. I look for them to run up the score.

The only games left we MIGHT be competitive in are the SC and Mizzou games.
On paper, you're right, but we may be good enough in one of these games to get lucky.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Unfortunately and a tad sad all we have is hopes of getting lucky. Sounds like being back in school at a frat party or the Over Cup Oak lol
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Showingold
Lieutenant

Post by Showingold »

We are going to kick ole piss’s ass. Just you wait and see!
Lynchsr
Captain

Post by Lynchsr »

I am not conceding any of the games remaining. Let’s just play them out one at a time and see what happens. This team has more pride than the Vandy teams the past few years and might just give themselves a punchers chance in a few games to win.

This team is very watchable. That is something I haven’t said in several years.
VUinFL
Commander

Post by VUinFL »

If they don't score 30 by halftime I'll be shocked
RebJimEd
Petty Officer

Post by RebJimEd »

Good morning Dore fans, I'm here for my annual visit, be gentle. Congrats on a great start to the season. Here's hoping for a fun, injury-free game! HT!
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

RebJimEd wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:45 am Good morning Dore fans, I'm here for my annual visit, be gentle. Congrats on a great start to the season. Here's hoping for a fun, injury-free game! HT!
We'll be gentle! How are you feeling about your 5-0, 9th-ranked Rebs? What most excites you about them, and what are the weaknesses that you fear a good team might expose?
RebJimEd
Petty Officer

Post by RebJimEd »

It feels great to be Top10, but I think TCU and KU could also have good arguments to be Top10 also in place of us. What most excites most OM fans is our running game. TrueFr Q Judkins is phenomenal and is giving Zach Evans (5* from TCU) competition for RB1, they are really 1a & 1b now, a great 1-2 punch. Part of the reason for that is the OL run-blocking which has been really good. The flip side of that is our passpro has been really bad. Its been a challenge for Jaxson Dart to get into a rhythm with all his new receivers being under pressure. The other challenge on the OL has been center. We've had some injuries on the OL and are playing a TrueFr at LT & RSFr at RT. Bad snaps to Dart has been a problem all season. The D has been a pleasant surprise with their saltiness. They are very aggressive and the DL is one of the best we have had in 10 years. We play 4-6 safeties (two hybrids) and have good depth there. So, If I were the DC, I would stack the box to shut down the run and try to get after Dart. The down side of that is that Dart can run.
Locked Previous topicNext topic