UT fans planning to checker Dudley Stands

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

UT fans planning to checker Dudley Stands

Post by charlestonalum »

Just heard on SEC network that UT fans are trying to organize themselves to form the orange and white chrckerboard in our stands when we play them.

What can we do? Provide yellow mustard and white mayonese bottles for them to throw on the field to kick it up a notch?

I don't like UT.
Last edited by charlestonalum on Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Re: UT fans planning to checker Dudley Stands

Post by FayetteDore »

The replies to the tweets I've seen about this say it's a stupid idea that won't get any traction - and that's from UT fans.

Consider:
1) their game at LSU will barely be over when Vandy/Ole Miss kicks off at 3; presumably they'd hang out to watch their game rather than head to Vanderbilt.

2) it's impossible to do given that several sections of "Dudley" are sold out (presumably to Ole Miss and Vandy fans) and most others have "low" to "medium" ticket availability, as evidenced by the Vandy ticket site.)

3) why the hell would they want to checker the VU/OM game?

Just somebody on his computer stirring things up, which is apparently very easy to do.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

The sad part is that there would be enough empty, available seats for random UT fans to purchase for the mere purpose of performing this pointless stunt. I have no doubt Vandy fans will leave the seats empty as we have seen that for years but I'm thinking a potential Top 10 (with a victory over Kentucky) Ole Miss coming to Nashville would likely swallow up those seats making the stunt impractical.

Either way, who cares even if they do pull it off as they will get 5 seconds of airtime and just sit there watching two teams that they really don't like. Sounds more like punishment than fun.
Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Post by Johnmn555 »

I really doubt that they are going to spend all that money on tickets to a Vandy-Ole Miss game when they could put it in a paper bag and give it to their players.
Podge91
Rear Admiral

Post by Podge91 »

Doubt they'd plan it for the UMiss game. Probably for the game against them in November.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

I'll be glad when it's November 6 and the UT fans will be quiet again.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

The Chuggers will never be happy until they turn the whole planet into a big bag of Vol Chow.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

If UGA and Bama take care of business I think they lose some of the wind in their sails.

Some planning details here:

https://atozsports.com/nashville/the-wh ... t-serious/
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I don't know why people find this idea so original. The fans talked about doing it in 2014, too:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/vols/2 ... /17218347/
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Also, to illustrate the bye week hyperbole of the fanbase to the east, this piece suggests that this event will cause Vanderbilt to leave the SEC and be replaced with...Duke or Wake Forest.

https://allfortennessee.com/2022/09/29/ ... t-stadium/
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:41 am Also, to illustrate the bye week hyperbole of the fanbase to the east, this piece suggests that this event will cause Vanderbilt to leave the SEC and be replaced with...Duke or Wake Forest.

I read the first 2 sentences of that article and I will never get that time back. So the gist of the article is that if Tennessee fans follow through with this pointless stunt then Vandy should be removed from the wealthiest, most prestigious conference in the nation. Uhhh ... that makes a lot of sense.

I'm thinking that the same logic would apply that if any UT fan or player gets into legal trouble then Tennessee should not only leave the conference but they won't be allowed to wear orange outside of prison ever again. Yeah, pretty stupid, huh? They will have plenty of opportunities to wear orange in prison.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

I never really understood the logic - why would you want to dump the team in the most fun city of the conference where you usually get a win?
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:41 am Also, to illustrate the bye week hyperbole of the fanbase to the east, this piece suggests that this event will cause Vanderbilt to leave the SEC and be replaced with...Duke or Wake Forest.

Don’t know this writer but he seems to be trying to do shock jock crap reminiscent of Paul Finebaum’s old BHAM radio show. Some silly take to rile up fan bases and get callers.

But he’s not anywhere as good as Finebaum.
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

Should checkering ever become likely, why not just have a "whiteout" game?
GrumpyOldDore
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I would play like it was covid game (no fans) before I'd let those ignorant toothless trash workers checker our stadium.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

If they could pull it off, it would be fantastic…if Vandy still won the game. Isn’t the series 5-5 over the last 10 years? I think maybe the viles are picking their peaches before they’re fuzzed up good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic