Tennessee Fans

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Tennessee Fans

Post by commadore »

I am facebook friends with a lot of folks that are tennessee fans. Those people are more delusional than Ole Miss fans. They are saying they are on the way. Now that they have beaten Florida, at LSU will be a piece of cake. I said maybe, but wait until you get Georgia and Alabama. Consensus reply was at least one and most likely both will go down to the viles. Those people are nucking futs.

Podge91
Rear Admiral

Re: Tennessee Fans

Post by Podge91 »

They're insufferable today and will be until their long-overdue big orange meltdown.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Obviously I know a different bunch of UT fans 8-) ... NONE of the ones I know believe they'll beat Bama or Georgia -- and say LSU at LSU will be an uphill fight.

As I posted in another thread, the ones I know 8-) are thankful to have narrowly escaped Florida's comeback efforts Saturday and believe those 8 - 9 rankings are way too high.

And speaking of ... I ventured over to the volnation forum Sunday for the first time in years. What a cesspool it is, populated by puerile idiots. They are NOT the ones I know.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

FayetteDore wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:07 pm Obviously I know a different bunch of UT fans 8-) ... NONE of the ones I know believe they'll beat Bama or Georgia -- and say LSU at LSU will be an uphill fight.

As I posted in another thread, the ones I know 8-) are thankful to have narrowly escaped Florida's comeback efforts Saturday and believe those 8 - 9 rankings are way too high.

And speaking of ... I ventured over to the volnation forum Sunday for the first time in years. What a cesspool it is, populated by puerile idiots. They are NOT the ones I know.
puerile trumps tremulous imo.
Dorefrom88
Commander

Post by Dorefrom88 »

Speaking of which, did anybody watch SEC Shorts on YouTube today?
https://youtu.be/C589ojMxNtU
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

I love SEC Shorts!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

FayetteDore wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:07 pm Obviously I know a different bunch of UT fans 8-) ... NONE of the ones I know believe they'll beat Bama or Georgia -- and say LSU at LSU will be an uphill fight.

Kentucky 26 - Florida 16

Nuff said. (barely beating UF proves very little)
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Just the subject line of "Tennessee fans" automatically informed me how this thread would go. They can be 4-8 and intolerable so a Top 10 team in the rankings is just off the charts delusional. I don't have my usual disdain for their players as there is no one on that team that is off putting to me. I can't say the same of the fans though as I can only watch highlights of their games because I dislike seeing the fans in the stands and listening to Rocky Top 200 times.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Waiting for the "dropped out of the rankings" howl.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

cc11316 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:37 am Just the subject line of "Tennessee fans" automatically informed me how this thread would go. They can be 4-8 and intolerable so a Top 10 team in the rankings is just off the charts delusional. I don't have my usual disdain for their players as there is no one on that team that is off putting to me. I can't say the same of the fans though as I can only watch highlights of their games because I dislike seeing the fans in the stands and listening to Rocky Top 200 times.
Not even this guy?

https://thespun.com/sec/look-sec-player ... night-game
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

I personally don't see anything that tells me they're not on their way. Heupel is recruiting well and they're playing well. I'm very disappointed in the hire. I think Oklahoma will rue the day they didn't make the all out press to hire him instead of Venables.
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

Rankings this early in the season reveal very little, in my humble opinion. Tennessee will probably end the season as a legitimate top 15 to 20 team. They should get beat by Georgia and Alabama, and probably one other team. As King Ahab said, and I am paraphrasing, "Don't talk putting your armor on, like one taking it off!
Locked Previous topicNext topic