Going to T-town!

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Podge91
Rear Admiral

Going to T-town!

Post by Podge91 »

Thanks to the generosity of a good friend who is also in Alabama season ticket holder, my wife and I just found out we will be attending tonight's game. This will be my first game at Bryant-Denny stadium, in fact, my first trip to Tuscaloosa.

Not only are we attending the game, but we get to spend the fourth quarter in the Ivory Club. I would imagine there won't be much for a Vanderbilt fantasy in the fourth quarter anyway, but if there is, I won't know what to do with myself.

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Going to T-town!

Post by Seadog73 »

Good luck Podge! And safe travels on I-59.
Podge91
Rear Admiral

Post by Podge91 »

Thanks!

I-59 is a desolate stretch of road, especially at night. The return trip will be driven on coffee and loud music
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

And there are long stretches that are still a washer board. Wife and I had a family wedding in Birmingham last weekend and there are also sections where the northbound lanes are closed for repaving. Last but not least, there is a Starbucks at the Rainbow City exit, on the right coming back. Not sure it will be opened that late, but maybe.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Podge, I am in the same boat. A friend offered 50 yd line tickets plus parking and pre-game meal in the Scholarship Club. I almost struck out finding someone to go with me, but apparently the wife of my friends relented, so he is picking me up.

Just going to go enjoy the weather, atmosphere and cheer on appropriate occasions - not terribly worried about losing my voice.

Oh, the bonus is that my friend is driving!!
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Locked Previous topicNext topic