Video: Coach Lea, S Maxwell Worship, WR Will Sheppard talk about Practice 6

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Video: Coach Lea, S Maxwell Worship, WR Will Sheppard talk about Practice 6

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Video: Coach Lea, S Maxwell Worship, WR Will Sheppard talk about Practice 6

Post by BrentVU »

Jaylen Mahoney was hands-down the best and surest open-field tackler on the defense last season. There are other, faster guys out there who can play corner equally well if not better; there is finally good depth there. I'm no coach, but moving him to safety/nickel, as coach indicated, seems to me like a great way to get him into a spot where he can make more plays. If they keep him there, I'd bet on him to become the team's leading tackler.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Video: Coach Lea, S Maxwell Worship, WR Will Sheppard talk about Practice 6

Post by BrentVU »

Gamarion Carter is a wide receiver out of Georgia who, this time last year, was impressing the coaches as a true freshman in fall camp. He ended up unable to crack the WR rotation (WR was pretty well stocked last year), and then for some unexplained reason (grades? or something else), did not take part in spring practice. I thought he might have left the team. But he's back, and impressing the coaches in practice again, so that's great news. With Chris Pierce, Cam Johnson and Amir Abdur-Rahman all having moved on, there's plenty of opportunity for someone to step up and win some playing time. Carter and Quincy Skinner sound like the most likely ones right now. And of course, the true freshman / midyear guy Jayden McGowan.
Locked Previous topicNext topic