My life is really boring….

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

2kidsthere
Rear Admiral

My life is really boring….

Post by 2kidsthere »

The past two Saturday afternoons I’ve resorted to watching “old” college football games on YouTube. The sad part of this is that it’s been great watching ‘um.

What has my life become…

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: My life is really boring….

Post by Seadog73 »

I've been known to do that.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Yeah, I feel you. I refuse to take the 2016 - 2018 UT-Vandy games off the DVR despite my wife asking me about them every few months. You know, you're filling up the DVR and I need to save Forrest Gump and Commando so can you please erase them. What she doesn't realize is I have a psychological need to see Vandy beat UT in football from time to time and I'm not sure when that will happen again. I locked them so they aren't "accidentally" deleted. :D
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

I spent a few minutes of my weekend watching this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFRJ-iG9mk
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

coachinwaiting wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:24 am I spent a few minutes of my weekend watching this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFRJ-iG9mk
That's pretty awesome. I'm following his channel now.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Ok, I'm (almost) embarrassed to admit that I have watched an entire 43 video dynasty where a guy took Vanderbilt to multiple national championships. I could have put it on easy and done it myself but this was more fun as this guy actually had rules like how many 4 star recruits he was allowed to pursue and he couldn't just switch to himself to take over. When is the Hawaii game? It can't get here soon enough. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMpz6DW ... MG9kNewY_Y
Commodorable
Petty Officer

Post by Commodorable »

Gosh, guys, June and July are the worst!! No Vandy sports and it’s too hot to go to my beach here in Navarre, FL!! When we moved from Nashville in January, 2021, I had return my DVR to AT&T. Broke my heart. I lost ALL of my favorite games that I wore out: Basketball—LSU with Saben wearing it out, beating #1 ut, and FL, KY with John Jenkins, triple baseball steal against FL, football 2008. Sorry to bore you. Come on, Vandy football. I’ve never been more ready.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfqj82WOXNU

I think you'll enjoy this! ;-)
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

coachinwaiting wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:35 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfqj82WOXNU

I was at that game. At one point after we'd run it down the field, a bama fan stood up and said "yall can't do that, you are a passing team. you can't run it on us." I said "looks like we can." He just growled at me. Afterwards he turned and said "yall have a good team." Little did we know we'd win just one more.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

commadore wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:56 pm
coachinwaiting wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:35 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfqj82WOXNU

I was at that game. At one point after we'd run it down the field, a bama fan stood up and said "yall can't do that, you are a passing team. you can't run it on us." I said "looks like we can." He just growled at me. Afterwards he turned and said "yall have a good team." Little did we know we'd win just one more.
Little did he know Bama would go 5-6 for the season. The week before the Iron Bowl, Ray Perkins was asked how long it took to turn a program around on his weekly call in show. He replied 4-5 years. The caller said, “Congratulations, you did it in two”. Pulling an upset and knocking the other guys out of the Sugar Bowl helped take some heat off.

That was my first football season in Nashville and I thought it was a signal for better things on West End. Wasn’t to be.
Commodorable
Petty Officer

Post by Commodorable »

What memories!! My sister and I were watching my son play pee wee football and listened on our transistor. After the game, we met the family at Opryland. They like Auburn, too, and they beat ut that day. We celebrated all afternoon!! I remember meeting the team at the airport. Also, my parents and sister drove to Ole Miss the next Saturday where we got clobbered. When I substitute taught in Nashville, I always looked up Kurt Page at Hillwood High School. Thank you for that game. Who’s #27? I want to say Carl Woods, but I’m not sure.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

commadore wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:56 pm

Looking back at that game, it's a wonder we won given how many big mistakes we made in the first 40 minutes or so of the contest.

A friend of mine and I were driving to see some friends in Kentucky that Saturday afternoon, and listening to the game on AM radio in the car. We were going wild but also hoping we wouldn't lose reception before the end of the game!
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I wish someone could tell me why the athletic department took down so many of the old videos from the past, including all of the ReVealed videos. I've emailed and asked and have never received a response.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Wow, so great to see Kurt Page, Everett Crawford, Carl "Goo Baby" Woods, Manuel Young and others. I still feel like I remember that roster and so many plays from the season. I'll never forget that game because my parents left me in Nashville with my grandparents so they could attend the game while I had to watch it on TV. But they took me the next week to watch this great ranked, undefeated team go down at home to an 0-4 Tulane squad. :roll:

Thanks for the memories.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

cc11316 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Wow, so great to see Kurt Page, Everett Crawford, Carl "Goo Baby" Woods, Manuel Young and others. I still feel like I remember that roster and so many plays from the season. I'll never forget that game because my parents left me in Nashville with my grandparents so they could attend the game while I had to watch it on TV. But they took me the next week to watch this great ranked, undefeated team go down at home to an 0-4 Tulane squad. :roll:

Thanks for the memories.
Sad thing is, that Tulane game wasn't as close as the final score indicates. We were dominated.
Locked Previous topicNext topic