On3.com: Clark Lea details his plan and process for rebuilding Vanderbilt: 'We're recruiting visionaries'

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

On3.com: Clark Lea details his plan and process for rebuilding Vanderbilt: 'We're recruiting visionaries'

Post by BrentVU »

For now, small steps are enough for Lea. The second-year head coach is cautious celebrating progress, but he admits his team looks completely different today — entering a pivotal summer offseason — than it did a year ago when he initially took over a destitute situation.

There’s a brewing energy and momentum within the program.

“I want to be careful not to just obviously expect there to be progress, but I think we drew a line of progress from our season to now,” Lea explained.

“But Vanderbilt football needs to be tethered to an identity more so than any other program in the country. And we’re just we’re going to continue to build that out. We’re going to continue to make playing with total effort our priority. We’re going to continue to build bonds within the locker room that ensure that our players are fighting for something bigger than themselves..."

More:

On3.com: Clark Lea details his plan and process for rebuilding Vanderbilt: 'We're recruiting visionaries' (by Jesse Simonton)
https://www.on3.com/news/clark-lea-deta ... -football/

docdore
Vice Admiral

Re: On3.com: Clark Lea details his plan and process for rebuilding Vanderbilt: 'We're recruiting visionaries'

Post by docdore »

trust the process (and the alignment)....
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Re: On3.com: Clark Lea details his plan and process for rebuilding Vanderbilt: 'We're recruiting visionaries'

Post by DS2001 »

Mr Cooper Starks is a visionary.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Coachspeak is an art form, but one which has little value.
AuricFan
Lieutenant

Post by AuricFan »

Mason brought in that visionary Karl Dorrell and his 12* transfer son.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

AuricFan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:55 pm Mason brought in that visionary Karl Dorrell and his 12* transfer son.
Please! I was having a good day, but just threw up in my mouth a little after reading that.
AuricFan
Lieutenant

Post by AuricFan »

commadore wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:07 pm
AuricFan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:55 pm Mason brought in that visionary Karl Dorrell and his 12* transfer son.
Please! I was having a good day, but just threw up in my mouth a little after reading that.
I triple-dog-dare you to watch at the 7:45 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrStye9SwsQ
Locked Previous topicNext topic