The new ticket vendor

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

The new ticket vendor

Post by FayetteDore »

I'm glad to report that the new VUAD ticket vendor is in place and that my first interaction was positive.

I had tried to get on earlier today but my old VU ticket account info didn't work. Coincidentally, I received an email this afternoon to activate a new account. I did, and it worked smoothly - and without asking me for a lot of information they didn't need (unlike the previous vendor). Then went on to buy tickets and there were no fees (other than the mandatory donation).

Unfortunately, there is still no option for printed tickets (for football at least) and it's too early to say if the transfer process for mobile tickets is easy (ie, can I transfer them to a relative or friend who doesn't have an account, as the old vendor required?).

But so far: Yay!!

Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Re: The new ticket vendor

Post by Haptown »

Here is what I did for baseball and this was for 34 games. Took about 2 hours, but I never had to use the ticket app again.

On my phone, while at home:

1. bring up the ticket in the phone app and do a screen capture for each game ticket. It will be saved to a folder name Screenshots.

2. Rename each screenshot with a name that somehow corresponds to the game and seat number. I used Game_02_07.jpg for my baseball tickets, but maybe for the football games, the name in fb_yyyymmdd_07.jpg might be better.

3. Copy the screenshots to a new folder called Tickets. Create a shortcut to your home screen for the Tickets folder. Do not delete the images in the Screenshots folder yet so that you will have a duplicate in case you accidentally delete an image in the Tickets folder.

4. At the game, open the Tickets folder, click on the image for the game to display the ticket screenshot. Show it to the ticket taker to scan.

5. To transfer the ticket to someone else, just attach the screenshot image in a text and send. Then all is needed is to open the text and click on the image to make full screen on the phone. Show it to the ticket taker to scan.

6. After the game, delete those tickets in the Tickets folder so that the next game will be listed first.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Thank you Hap!!

Others had told me that screenshotting the mobile ticket and then texting it to someone else worked, even though the previous vendor insisted that the only way to transfer a mobile ticket was through THEIR app, which required the recipient to have an account.

I'm glad to hear you don't have to do that.

Thanks again.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

You are welcome.

One thing I left out that made things easier, was after doing the screenshots, connect you phone to a PC and use the file explorer on the desktop/laptop to rename the files and move to the new Tickets folder.
Locked Previous topicNext topic