Recruiting is about to heat up

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Recruiting is about to heat up

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

He narrowed his choices to Bama, Oklahoma, and Michigan State tonight, per his Twitter account.
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:55 pm
BrentVU wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:10 pm Here is the competition for 4-star edge rusher Bai Jobe... you might say that with competition like this, Vandy has NO chance. But Jobe made an unofficial visit to Vandy back in April (at his own expense from Norman Okla.) and got the royal treatment from Coach Lea & Co., and is now coming back for an official visit June 24 (spending one of his five allowed official visits), so in my mind that at least that spells some genuine interest.

[tweet][/tweet]
Jobe tweeted today that he intends to make a decision this week or next.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 am OK, I am one-for-one in predicting the next commitment. I'm feeling lucky and am going to try it again...

I think it will be one of these two guys, both of whom are scheduled to be on campus this weekend...
London Humphries 6-3 185 WR Nashville-CPA, TN
Junior Sherrill 5-10 175 WR Nashville-Lipscomb, TN
Dang, I’m getting good at this! Heading to Vegas now.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Bai Jobe will announce on Thursday the 7th. Not optimistic, but Vandy took its best shot with him, for sure.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

BrentVU wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 am OK, I am one-for-one in predicting the next commitment. I'm feeling lucky and am going to try it again...

I think it will be one of these two guys, both of whom are scheduled to be on campus this weekend...
London Humphries 6-3 185 WR Nashville-CPA, TN
Junior Sherrill 5-10 175 WR Nashville-Lipscomb, TN

BTW, this weekend is a HUGE one for official visitors, with at least three 4-star prospects on tap to visit (Bai Jobe, Miles Walker, and Randon Fontenette), as well as several others.
Fontinette committed to Utah late yesterday.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

BrentVU wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:48 am Bai Jobe will announce on Thursday the 7th. Not optimistic, but Vandy took its best shot with him, for sure.
He committed to Michigan State.
Locked Previous topicNext topic