"This season will be my best" says Re'Mahn Davis

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

"This season will be my best" says Re'Mahn Davis

Post by BrentVU »

One of the big question marks for Vandy leading into the season is, how effective can Re'Mahn (Ray) Davis be after a surgery that caused him to sit out the last nine games of 2021? Videos from spring practice showed him doing some contact work (including making a leaping downfield pass reception), but the coaches held him out of the spring game.

For the first three games of 2021 he was the starter, and I thought he looked very good. His stats over three games:
211 rushing yards on 44 carries, 1 touchdown (4.8 yards per carry)
5 pass receptions for 27 yards

This tweet indicates the transfer from Temple is planning on being a factor in 2022. But will he be fully recovered? Can he regain his form? If not, who will step in? (Click on the tweet to see his highlights from those three games last season.)

[tweet][/tweet]

alathIN
Rear Admiral

Re: "This season will be my best" says Re'Mahn Davis

Post by alathIN »

I really liked Re'Mahn last year too. Patrick Smith also showed some explosiveness and for that matter a couple of the incoming freshmen could be really good. I think Rocko will always be solid and run hard but maybe not spectacular.

I'm not so much worried about the RBs as the OL.

Ryan Seymour and Bruno Reagan were saying that the new coaching regime had brought in a different blocking scheme and a lot of times the linemen didn't seem to know what they were supposed to be doing.
I can understand getting pushed around by Georgia etc., but some of those games like Colorado State they should have been able to dominate.
Hopefully that will be sorted out by Fall.
Locked Previous topicNext topic