Hawaii, VU's opponent in just 7 months, still has no coach after June Jones rejects offer

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Hawaii, VU's opponent in just 7 months, still has no coach after June Jones rejects offer

Post by BrentVU »

Jones took to Twitter later Friday to explain why he declined Hawai'i's offer.

"I am still interested in this job for the people of Hawaii but the job offered to me today there is no way I could accept the conditions offered me," Jones wrote in his post. "No coach in their right mind would accept!"

"Dictating who can be on my staff and only 2 year contract..What recruit would come if I was here for 2 years???" he wrote in another post. "..this has never been about money-but it is about giving me the ability to turn our program around and not have people tell me who is on my staff or how to coach my team."

More:
ESPN.com: June Jones: 'No coach in their right mind' would accept conditions Hawai'i offered (by Adam Rittenberg and Pete Thamel)
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... tball-team

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Hawaii, VU's opponent in just 7 months, still has no coach after June Jones rejects offer

Post by Versus75 »

I still haven’t heard why Vanderbilt has not scheduled a game 13. I believe that is an option for teams traveling to Hawaii.

This article is nearly 11 years old. Has the rule changed?

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hawaii, VU's opponent in just 7 months, still has no coach after June Jones rejects offer

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Hawaii's all-time passing leader Timmy Chang was named head coach this evening. He had just been named WR coach at Colorado State a few weeks ago, going from Nevada to Fort Collins with Jay Norvell.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

To me, the best part of your post is that college football is only 7 months away.

During these cold, short days, we have spring and summer and then football to look forward to!
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

FayetteDore wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:56 am To me, the best part of your post is that college football is only 7 months away.

During these cold, short days, we have spring and summer and then football to look forward to!
Vanderbilt has a pretty good baseball team.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
Locked Previous topicNext topic