Last week’s prediction thread results, and final tally for the season!

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Last week’s prediction thread results, and final tally for the season!

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

There were a ton of great predictions for the score of the Tennessee game, and longtime poster roanoke who came within two points of the final in picking the Vols. Most people predicted an easy Clemson win over South Carolina, but it was Lynchsr who came closest to the final score. Two Maniacs picked Kentucky over Louisville and were closest to the final, roanoke (again) and dorepleganger. Finally, it was geeznotagain who picked the Tide and got the score nearly correct.

It was a very good weekend for picking upsets. Honorable mention goes to BrentVU and coachinwaiting for Michigan over Ohio State; dore74 for LSU over Texas A&M; geeznotagain for Virginia Tech over Virginia; and dorepleganger for Michigan State over Penn State. Upset of the Week honors go to cc11316 for Hawaii over Wyoming.

It’s also time to announce the end-of-season winners. I assigned one point to every weekly winner of the Vandy game, the other weekly games, and the Upset of the Week, and a half-point to those receiving honorable mention upset recognition. There are no tie breakers.

In a tie for third place for the season, props to roanoke and coachinwaiting. In second place, let’s pay tribute to dorepleganger and dore74. And we also have a tie this year for the title of Champion--congratulations to BrentVU and VUinFL!

Thanks to everyone for playing. We’ll see you back here in August. Aloha!

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Re: Last week’s prediction thread results, and final tally for the season!

Post by cc11316 »

Auric - I really appreciate having this game every week. It gives me a rooting interest in games I normally wouldn't care about plus it's just fun to see how close I am to the results. I learn every year that I likely will never make the Top 3 again but that is okay, I'll keep playing as long as you are willing to organize it.

Thanks again.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Wow, I get bragging rights for THIS season? Seemed like this was my worst prediction season ever. But I'll take it. And happy to share it with VUinFL.

Thank you, AuricGoldfinger, for all your hard work! You truly are the Man with the Golden Touch.

P.S.
Georgia 22, Alabama 10
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:34 am There were a ton of great predictions for the score of the Tennessee game, and longtime poster roanoke who came within two points of the final in picking the Vols. Most people predicted an easy Clemson win over South Carolina, but it was Lynchsr who came closest to the final score. Two Maniacs picked Kentucky over Louisville and were closest to the final, roanoke (again) and dorepleganger. Finally, it was geeznotagain who picked the Tide and got the score nearly correct.

It was a very good weekend for picking upsets. Honorable mention goes to BrentVU and coachinwaiting for Michigan over Ohio State; dore74 for LSU over Texas A&M; geeznotagain for Virginia Tech over Virginia; and dorepleganger for Michigan State over Penn State. Upset of the Week honors go to cc11316 for Hawaii over Wyoming.

It’s also time to announce the end-of-season winners. I assigned one point to every weekly winner of the Vandy game, the other weekly games, and the Upset of the Week, and a half-point to those receiving honorable mention upset recognition. There are no tie breakers.

In a tie for third place for the season, props to roanoke and coachinwaiting. In second place, let’s pay tribute to dorepleganger and dore74. And we also have a tie this year for the title of Champion--congratulations to BrentVU and VUinFL!

Thanks to everyone for playing. We’ll see you back here in August. Aloha!
Thanks for doing this. Very enjoyable.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

BrentVU wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:26 pm Wow, I get bragging rights for THIS season? Seemed like this was my worst prediction season ever. But I'll take it. And happy to share it with VUinFL.

Thank you, AuricGoldfinger, for all your hard work! You truly are the Man with the Golden Touch.

P.S.
Georgia 22, Alabama 10
Oops.
I picked them too.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

Thanks to Auric for taking the time and making the effort to keep up with all of the stats and picks. It’s a great addition to the enjoyment of college football.
Lynchsr
Captain

Post by Lynchsr »

THANK YOU for doing this every year!
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

Thanks, Auric!! Always fun!! Always look forward to it!
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

Thanks Auric, you make even 2 win seasons enjoyable. Happy holidays all!!!
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Alas, I did not place in this year's final tally. But I will continue to check my inbox daily for a participation trophy.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

geeznotagain wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:58 am Alas, I did not place in this year's final tally. But I will continue to check my inbox daily for a participation trophy.
Geez, you were a half point from third place. Oh so close.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

I assume I was solidly in last place again. I am the Vanderbilt of bad predictions.

But I enjoyed it just as much as when I won it a few years back.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

VU1970 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:39 pm I assume I was solidly in last place again. I am the Vanderbilt of bad predictions.

Not last place, VU1970! Very much middle of the pack.

And thanks for playing once again!
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:57 pm
VU1970 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:39 pm I assume I was solidly in last place again. I am the Vanderbilt of bad predictions.

Not last place, VU1970! Very much middle of the pack.

And thanks for playing once again!
Thanks, Auric. I feel better now.
dorepleganger
Rear Admiral

Post by dorepleganger »

I would like to echo everyone's thanks and recognition of Auric for running the pick 'em. Thank you, Auric!

It really does enhance the season.

Also, to any fans of the Netflix F1 series, when I told Mrs. Dorepleganger I managed a podium for the pick 'em - and P2 at it - she could not stop laughing. I said the contest was was akin to Silverstone, and possibly Monaco.

(If anyone hasn't watched the series, I recommend it!)
VUinFL
Commander

Post by VUinFL »

thanks for putting this together...I feel like it's usually the most difficult decision-making of my week
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

Auric, thanks for all your contributions. I assume you will spend the offseason flying around with Ms. Galore, working at Enterprises Auric A.G and enjoying yourself at the Goldfinger Stud Farm. Best wishes!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Why can't there be one for bowl season? Lots of games. There's a final four and everybody loves that.

I'll throw one together if you want to pin it up top. Maybe the final 4 plus the biggest 6 other bowls??
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:54 am Why can't there be one for bowl season? Lots of games. There's a final four and everybody loves that.

I'll throw one together if you want to pin it up top. Maybe the final 4 plus the biggest 6 other bowls??
Go for it!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:51 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:54 am Why can't there be one for bowl season? Lots of games. There's a final four and everybody loves that.

Go for it!
I'll send it to your inbox and you can edit it for fine points. Give me like an hour or so.
Locked Previous topicNext topic