Official visitors

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Official visitors

Post by BrentVU »

Among the official visitors this weekend is Ja'Dais Richard, a late-blooming 6-2, 205 DB from West Monroe Louisiana. Per Twitter, he just got a Vandy offer about two weeks ago, and coaches Minter and Morgan will put the squeeze on him this weekend. I'm betting we might have a commitment from him by Sunday. (And boy oh boy, does Vandy need help in the secondary.)

Vandy also has some guys on campus who are verbally committed to other programs... DB Trudell Berry is a Marshall commit, and WR Tucker Holloway is a Virginia Tech commit (before the recent coaching change). Vandy just came through with an offer for Holloway about two weeks ago, just after Justin Fuente got fired, and convinced him to come on campus for an official this weekend.

Having been on campus last July and having sat through the presentation that Barton Simmons gives recruits on official visits, I feel great about Vandy's ability to get kids to commit who actually take official visits. His degree of salesmanship is outstanding.

MikenNashville
Captain

Re: Official visitors

Post by MikenNashville »

Looks like Holloway goes to same HS as Zunk and Agu. Also Duke commit Savion Riley now showing Vanderbilt as “warm” on 247 Sports. I wonder if VU can sign the extras up to the 32 limit this year?
Podge91
Rear Admiral

Post by Podge91 »

Speaking of Agu, he had an OV at Tennessee-Knoxville today.

I'm sure they're giving him the hard press. I hope he stays with VU.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

No commitment (yet?) from Trudell Berry... he's still officially committed to Marshall, but there was this on Friday...

[tweet][/tweet]
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

BrentVU wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:38 pm No commitment (yet?) from Trudell Berry... he's still officially committed to Marshall, but there was this on Friday...

[tweet][/tweet]
Great that he talked with Bennet. Watching his reel - my first reaction was that he reminds me of Earl. Fast and runs with a glide to his gate just like Bennet.
Locked Previous topicNext topic