TN State Championship Game today and recruiting

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

TN State Championship Game today and recruiting

Post by Seadog73 »

I went to the CPA-Lipscomb game this morning in Chattanooga. I can't get over how BIG HS football players have become in the last 50 or so years.

Langdon Patterson is a beast. He may have bene off the field for 10 plays, not counting special teams. Always on the ball as middle linebacker. Gained 3-55 yards every time he ran the ball.

Cade Law will bless the baseball team. His younger brother, a sophomore, is Patterson's backup at ML. My contact at CPA says Law's younger brother will be an absolute beast by graduation in 2 more years.

My contact also said Patterson's older brother, Kane, a 4* out of CPA who went to Clemson has graduated and, thanks to COVID, has 3 years of eligibility left. No real inside scoop, but if he is accepted to grad school at VU in anything, it would make sense for him to come.

Lipscomb has some really good players. Dilfer has had success convincing families to move to Nashville so their sons can play for him.

There is a TE at CPA who committed to play baseball at UT. I was told he has opened his recruiting back up because he thinks he wants to play college football instead. He might be a very good sleeper.

looking forward to watching Grayson Morgan against McCallie tonight, if it's on TV or cable.

I almost forgot to mention - there was a recruiter/scout from Duke on the CPA side of the field. Saw him twice.