10 years ago today

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dcdore
Admiral

10 years ago today

Post by dcdore »

Vice Chancellor Williams:
"Why do you want to talk about the past? We're going to build the damn thing. Who cares why we didn't do it in the past? We're going to build the damn thing. I can't change what we didn't do. What I can tell you is we have basically changed the direction at this university. We can sit here for weeks and I can give you all sorts of reasons why it didn't get done in the past. The thing to celebrate is whatever was in the way, ain't in the way no more. We're going to build it."

Really????

Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Re: 10 years ago today

Post by VandyPhile »

We built. It just was in sports other than football and basketball.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

David Williams died a while back. Let's give it a rest.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

dcdore wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 am Vice Chancellor Williams:
"Why do you want to talk about the past? We're going to build the damn thing. Who cares why we didn't do it in the past? We're going to build the damn thing. I can't change what we didn't do. What I can tell you is we have basically changed the direction at this university. We can sit here for weeks and I can give you all sorts of reasons why it didn't get done in the past. The thing to celebrate is whatever was in the way, ain't in the way no more. We're going to build it."

Really????
To flesh out the story, and my memory IS what it's always been, terrible, so CMIIW, but he walked those statements back about a week or 2 later. What makes this worse and/or more bizarre, is that Zeppos had said basically the same thing back in the summer (or early fall). We don't KNOW how Vandy United will work out. But NONE of what the Chancellor and AD said then came true. Both have changed, and I'm hoping the past stays in the past. I'm giving $33/mo to VUnited, have since the original announcement, and hope to raise it to $50/mo when construction commences.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Go Vandy! wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 pm
dcdore wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 am Vice Chancellor Williams:

Really????
To flesh out the story, and my memory IS what it's always been, terrible, so CMIIW, but he walked those statements back about a week or 2 later. What makes this worse and/or more bizarre, is that Zeppos had said basically the same thing back in the summer (or early fall). We don't KNOW how Vandy United will work out. But NONE of what the Chancellor and AD said then came true. Both have changed, and I'm hoping the past stays in the past. I'm giving $33/mo to VUnited, have since the original announcement, and hope to raise it to $50/mo when construction commences.
Go Vandy is spot on. If we want to see things change at Vanderbilt with regard to facilities then we should be making financial contributions to Vandy United rather than criticizing past administrators. Let's help accomplish the overdue change!
Locked Previous topicNext topic