Recruiting updates from Twitter

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Recruiting updates from Twitter

Post by BrentVU »

Coaches Lea, Lynch and Raih evidently made a Central Texas trip Wednesday to do two home visits... they made their pitch to Sidney Mbanasor (uncommitted 6-5 200 TE from Pflugerville), and firmed up QB Drew Dickey of Austin (whose long-ago commitment remains solid).

Also looks like B.J. Diakite, who de-committed from Vandy, is still considering Vandy and will announce a commitment between Vandy and Georgia Tech on signing day, Dec. 15.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Recruiting updates from Twitter

Post by BrentVU »

And this from Instagram...

Cade McConnell is a 6-5 300 O-lineman from Choctaw, Oklahoma... he made an official visit to Vandy last weekend, but is not committed. He was previously committed to TCU, but now it's probably Vandy or Texas Tech for him.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Vandy extended an offer yesterday to Asani Redwood, a sleeper edge rusher from Georgia... 6-3 240... Vandy and Duke are his best offers, and again, Duke has no coach right now...

[tweet][/tweet]
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

So who is saying Raih is gone? If there aren't any coaching staff changes, i don't think that bodes well. I haven't seen any announced. I may have missed it.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

I'm not demanding an OC head on the platter yet. I saw a lot of adaptation through the year. The initial plan sucked and didn't work. Let's see how much they continue to adapt scheme with personnel over the summer.
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

I’ll be very disappointed if we start out next year trying to re-establish the offense that hasn’t worked rather than build on what was starting to work at the end of this year. It seems like that’s been the pattern for the last several years.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

four coaches showing up at the door would sure get my attention as a 17 year-old! that's a full-court press, no?
Locked Previous topicNext topic