OT: David Cutcliffe out at Duke

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

OT: David Cutcliffe out at Duke

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

He had a remarkable 14-season run in Durham, with an ACC division title, but has struggled of late.

It will be interesting to see what direction they turn. I could see a guy like former CJF assistant Ricky Rahne (now head coach at ODU) getting some interest.

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: OT: David Cutcliffe out at Duke

Post by Nashmann »

Let's hire him as our OC!! If he would take it.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Just my guess but Derek Mason to Duke....
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

Derek would do better, in my opinion, to stay where he is for 3 or 4 more years!
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

thefan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:40 pm Derek would do better, in my opinion, to stay where he is for 3 or 4 more years!
Agree....
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Cutcliffe for OC?
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

Duke players are starting to hit the transfer portal I wonder if any will be worth a look from CCL and co.
Plus, I wonder if we could get recruit Kenzy Paul from Chattanooga back on the line.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Re Kenzy Paul - losing Jeudy-Lally to the portal might be a positive impact as well.
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm He had a remarkable 14-season run in Durham, with an ACC division title, but has struggled of late.

It will be interesting to see what direction they turn. I could see a guy like former CJF assistant Ricky Rahne (now head coach at ODU) getting some interest.
I wonder if most Vanderbilt fans would be satisfied with that type of success. He went to bowls in 6 of 7 years, but only had 5 winning seasons in 14 years, and had an overall record of 77-97. This was the first season he was winless in conference play, but had only 1 conference win in 5 other seasons. He was 15-33 in his first 4 years. Most schools aren't going to be that patient.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

katmai wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:41 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm He had a remarkable 14-season run in Durham, with an ACC division title, but has struggled of late.

I wonder if most Vanderbilt fans would be satisfied with that type of success. He went to bowls in 6 of 7 years, but only had 5 winning seasons in 14 years, and had an overall record of 77-97. This was the first season he was winless in conference play, but had only 1 conference win in 5 other seasons. He was 15-33 in his first 4 years. Most schools aren't going to be that patient.
I would not be. I want more than that. I want more bowl games than every other year. We have to be in bowls 75% of the time to remain consistently competitive. Its been hard for us to do as a program, but its a bare minimum requirement to be successful.
Locked Previous topicNext topic