"Rage to change"

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

"Rage to change"

Post by BrentVU »

I'll offer my full thoughts soon, but just a note on what I heard in the postgame. Coach Lea talked about a "rage to change", and I think that is the right mentality after a 2-10 season, a season in which Vanderbilt never played a four-quarter game. The failures should fuel an anger that motivates you every day of the offseason to change your station. I think that's exactly the only appropriate response.

Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Re: "Rage to change"

Post by Vandy187187 »

I agree. We had enough talent to score more this year. Our WRs were a really strong group. We failed to take advantage of that group. Our TEs were non-existent all season and they aren't bad either. Depth at RB was known to be an issue but they performed above their projection.

Comparing this year vs last year. Our OL was worse, our offense was worse. I don't like our play calls.

We started off in a hole every single game. It's a pattern that is not promising and needs to change or Deuce 2.0 will be CCL
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Interesting phrase "Rage to Change" as I think everyone can empathize with the attitude of making changes because you are unhappy with the way things are going. Do we really need the phrases though? That was CDM's thing and it was kind of silly - "R-E-S-P-E-C-T", "From class to grass", "Let's ride", "Relentless, Tough, Intentional". Aren't these guys too old and smart for that kind of gamification?

We all remember what happened in Jacksonville when Jack Del Rio had the "keep chopping wood" motto with the tree stump in the locker room. The punter had to be sent to the hospital after gashing his leg with an axe while chopping the stump. It's silly, right?
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Rage and Lea are polar opposites .....
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic