Classless UT fans throwing things on the field

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Classless UT fans throwing things on the field

Post by Golddore68 »

The UT cheerleaders have to leave the field because golf balls are being thrown at the Ole Miss team and the cheerleaders are on the same side of the field.

https://youtu.be/_PacdPiERI4

vutrain
Commander

Re: Classless UT fans throwing things on the field

Post by vutrain »

Classy are they not?
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Why would someone bring a golf ball to a college football game? They must have planned on throwing them at Kiffin when he beat them.

They are hitting other people in the stands and their own cheerleaders and band members!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

They cheered when Corrall was injured. Beyond classless.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

Kiffin was hit again as he exited the fiend then just above the vols sign he was spat on by a black guy in a brown sweater.
What wonderful folks!
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

That was a complete embarrassment for the SEC. The SEC should fine UT at least $1 Million for lack of crowd control. If I was Ole Miss, I would have refused to take another snap until the stands were cleared of fans. If the fans couldn't self regulate, then none of them deserved to be there.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I feel sorry for the UT cheerleaders. What scum they have in those mountains.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Above are the family trees of two ut fans laying together.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I have reported before on this board my personal experience in 1965 (when we won the SEC in basketball) and we were at UT - I was a Vanderbilt cheerleader (a UT fan dumped a full coke down my back when we were on the side of the court during the basketball game.) Their fans have been this way a very long time.

I did not watch the game, did they call a technical foul penalty on UT for all the golfballs or does that only happen to VU with a single tennis ball? The SEC better hit them hard now.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

My real question was why there was no flag thrown. I have seen flags thrown when the crowd was so loud the QB couldn't call signals and they were warned. Why not here. If I was a ref, I'd have put Old Miss on about the 10 with three unsportsman like calls. Pitiful.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

The only surprising thing is that anyone is surprised by this.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

commadore wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:10 am My real question was why there was no flag thrown. I have seen flags thrown when the crowd was so loud the QB couldn't call signals and they were warned. Why not here. If I was a ref, I'd have put Old Miss on about the 10 with three unsportsman like calls. Pitiful.
The refs were scared to death, which is why they didn't penalize UT for the unsportsmanlike conduct of their fans.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

alathIN wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am The only surprising thing is that anyone is surprised by this.
No mention of thrown debris, delay in UT athletics website's game recap of Tennessee Vols football loss
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 498146002/
thefan
Captain

UT showed the nation...

Post by thefan »

how they have abused S.E.C. teams and fan bases, including their own coaches and players for years, but never to this extreme. It seems their fans actually feel justified with such behavior! I admit I am not a Big Orange lover but it appeared the spot was right on. Guess the Vol fans were upset that it was a fair call! Reminds me of the last time James Franklin took the Dores to Neyland and got a terrible spot late in the game that was reviewed and reversed. Guess the world is just out to get the Vols! Will be interesting how the Tennessee administration, the S.E.C. Commissioner, and the N.C.A.A. handle this or if they just smack the UT hand and sweep it under the rug. Such behavior seems almost par for a fan base that chews up and spits out their own, so to speak!
Last edited by thefan on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

BREAKING NEWS: SEC injures hand slapping ut on the wrist for Ole Miss game riot
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

What’s also pathetic are the posts on their message boards defending this.

“The refs cheated us! We got that first down and they said we didn’t have the first down! And Korral fumbled it and we got a touchdown and they took it away from us! And they were faking injuries all game! Waaaah wash! They deserved to have stuff thrown at them!”

And they use the Ole Miss - UT basketball game from last year as an excuse, when Ole Miss fans threw stuff on the court.

Yes the refs have been pathetic and Vanderbilt has been screwed several times by the refs this year but we’re not throwing crap on the field.

Someone could have been seriously injured by golf balls being thrown.
Junnah
Commander

Post by Junnah »

Never a good moment.
I remember oranges coming down to the UT bench in Memorial. Immediate announcement to stop. Charles Davis and Tommy Springer stood by their bench. It stopped quickly.
belair
Rear Admiral

Post by belair »

If it is $250,000 for storming the field after a game, why is this not $500,000 at least. Storming the field is celebratory with no intent to injure. This is much worse and really needs more than a slap on the wrist or it will happen again.
Of course the golf balls were stolen from the range. Certainly no Titleist. Not even one with a smiley.
commadore
Admiral

Re: UT showed the nation...

Post by commadore »

thefan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:40 am how they have abused S.E.C. teams and fan bases, including their own coaches and players for years, but never to this extreme. It seems their fans actually feel justified with such behavior! I admit I am not a Big Orange lover but it appeared the spot was right on. Guess the Vol fans were upset that it was a fair call! Reminds me of the last time James Franklin took the Dores to Neyland and got a terrible spot late in the game that was reviewed and reversed. Guess the world is just out to get the Vols! Will be interesting how the Tennessee administration, the S.E.C. Commissioner, and the N.C.A.A. handle this or if they just smack the UT hand and sweep it under the rug. Such behavior seems almost par for a fan base that chews up and spits out their own, so to speak!
This.
Locked Previous topicNext topic