Vandy-South Carolina thread

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

docdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Vandy-South Carolina thread

Post by docdore »

charlestonalum wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:31 pm Horrible loss- a gift
…..after they had tried repeatedly to gift it to us.

Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Another F'kn teachable moment??? Yes, learn to not hire such a crappy staff!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Should be a couple of empty seats on the plane home !!!!!!!!!!!!
kay1092
Commander

Post by kay1092 »

I gave $10K to Vandy united. Now I will only give more if Lea and Candice get fired. Neither one deserves their job
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Post by Minoadoc »

Some times the coaches have strategy, but no common sense. Watching on tv, I could be wrong, but if you are only rushing three, load the field with all the defensive backs we have, half of whom should get up on any eligible receiver , if nothing else, to get in the way, with the remaining DBs picking up long. Standing around with no pass rush is suicide
dorefaninktown
Petty Officer

Post by dorefaninktown »

Total loss on the staff. Total. Our zone coverage was terrible and he doesn't see it. Hes incompetent. He needs to take total ownership of loss or I'm done with him.
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Concur with all...had to watch 2nd half on tape delay...horrible last drive D...we should have tested the cold backup QB with some pressure, maybe disguised and mixed up? Our secondary is weak. Inexcusable coaching really...
kay1092
Commander

Post by kay1092 »

they bought in a backup QB and let them drive down the field with no TO left. not even a tackle in bounds. CCL is terrible. Not to mention what was he thinking playing seals all season vs wright. Practice performance against your own terrible D doesn't always equal performance on Saturday.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

The decision to eschew the field goal after the failed fade came home to roost as well.

A lot of coaching blunders. None worse than the three man rush. And I am tired of coming out vanilla and staking the other team 14 points.

But, folks, massive improvement - and on the road. He has the team playing football. So hang on before abandoning ship. He seems to learn from his mistakes. Much to learn from today. But also some things to build on.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

Lea peed his pants at the end. No pressure on SC 2nd string QB? God, it will never stop.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I wouldn't be this mad if they had lost by 20-30 points!!!! No excuse to lose this game. Poor poor coaching!!! And Lea is a defensive "Guru" LMAO!!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
jpmando
Commander

Post by jpmando »

Our second defensive genius in a row. How is that working out for us?
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

roanoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:50 pm The decision to eschew the field goal after the failed fade came home to roost as well.

A lot of coaching blunders. None worse than the three man rush.

But, folks, massive improvement on the road. He has the team playing football. So hang on before abandoning ship. He seems to learn from his mistakes. Much to learn from today. But also some things to build on.
Agree on not taking the FG.

Also agree on seeing improvement (albeit against a weak team).

Not sure I agree about learning. He has years of coaching experience including at big name ND ; I would think he should have already learned that, given our secondary shortcomings, you can't let the QB stand undisturbed by a 3 man rush getting all day to find an open receiver. I truly wonder if any other coach in the country college or high school would have done that.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

kay1092 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:39 pm I gave $10K to Vandy united. Now I will only give more if Lea and Candice get fired. Neither one deserves their job
I'm not a fan of either, but ADCSL wanted Chadwell. CCL was Diermeier's hire.
kay1092
Commander

Post by kay1092 »

roanoke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:50 pm The decision to eschew the field goal after the failed fade came home to roost as well.

A lot of coaching blunders. None worse than the three man rush. And I am tired of coming out vanilla and staking the other team 14 points.

But, folks, massive improvement - and on the road. He has the team playing football. So hang on before abandoning ship. He seems to learn from his mistakes. Much to learn from today. But also some things to build on.
I said at the time. I am all for being aggressive. But at the 5 if you throw a fade and don't get it you get the points via FG. Otherwise you run it twice or throw a better than 50-50 pass on 3rd down. I swear this staff has no clue. I've watched a lot of football, I've never seen a fade on 3rd and then a supposed RB direct snap that was muffed. If I lived in Nashville still I'd throw tomatoes at the coaching staff.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

kay1092 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:27 pm I cannot believe the stupidity but I can because he never made it into the school. He transferred in.This L was purely on him
I beg your pardon. I transferred into the school and I'd bet my house I'm worth more than you.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

kay1092 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:39 pm I gave $10K to Vandy united. Now I will only give more if Lea and Candice get fired. Neither one deserves their job
Keep your damn money.
kay1092
Commander

Post by kay1092 »

commadore wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm
kay1092 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:27 pm I cannot believe the stupidity but I can because he never made it into the school. He transferred in.This L was purely on him
I beg your pardon. I transferred into the school and I'd bet my house I'm worth more than you.
I must have hit a sore spot. Not everyone can be successful their first try.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

dorefaninktown wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm Total loss on the staff. Total. Our zone coverage was terrible and he doesn't see it. Hes incompetent. He needs to take total ownership of loss or I'm done with him.
Don't hold your breathe. The defensive players just got thrown under the bus in post game presser.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

kay1092 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm
commadore wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm
I must have hit a sore spot. Not everyone can be successful their first try.
It was a plan. I went somewhere with the VU curriculum in hand. A good school about half the cost of Vandy because my parents couldn't afford it. When I transferred I got a 50% scholarship (note, this was WAY before the current set up...1976-78). Took the courses there (calculus, biology, English Lit, and other courses that were required at VU) and unfortunately lived at home to be able to attend. And the whole plan worked. Thank you very much.
Locked Previous topicNext topic