Vandy opens as a 31-point underdog to Georgia

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Re: Vandy opens as a 31-point underdog to Georgia

Post by FayetteDore »

I was hoping maybe they had forgotten.
Pretty presumptuous -- but absolutely typical -- of him to imply that the stadium will be full of Ooogas.

I was there two years ago and I believe there were more Ooogas there than any other opponent that I've ever seen. I think I've said this before, but the Oooga guy sitting diagonally in front of me had one of those dental-floss picks in his front teeth the whole night, with his lady friend sitting next to him. Honest! :lol:

This is the one game this year that I cannot make it to, but I hope there's a good Black & Gold turnout.
Last edited by FayetteDore on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
3rdFloorDyer
Captain

Post by 3rdFloorDyer »

Yes but....Vandy beat Colorado St. who beat Toledo who gave Notre Dame all they wanted...we've got a chance!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

VU1970 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 pm
Oops. I gotta watch some of these here new movies.
It came out 27 years ago.

Jeff Daniels then:

Jeff Daniels now:
belair
Rear Admiral

Post by belair »

3rdFloorDyer wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 pm Yes but....Vandy beat Colorado St. who beat Toledo who gave Notre Dame all they wanted...we've got a chance!
Ahhh. Not surprising that Toledo again is at the epicenter of conflict given the War between Michigan and Ohio for it back in 1835. However counting Notre Dame as a “quality loss” is suspect as Notre Dame needed overtime to beat Florida St with a loss to Jackson St and a drubbing by Wake. So back to NO chance.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

belair wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 pm
3rdFloorDyer wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 pm Yes but....Vandy beat Colorado St. who beat Toledo who gave Notre Dame all they wanted...we've got a chance!
Ahhh. Not surprising that Toledo again is at the epicenter of conflict given the War between Michigan and Ohio for it back in 1835. However counting Notre Dame as a “quality loss” is suspect as Notre Dame needed overtime to beat Florida St with a loss to Jackson St and a drubbing by Wake. So back to NO chance.
FSU didn't play Jackson State (Mississippi). They played Jacksonville State (Alabama, no - not joking)

Jacksonville State University is a public university in Jacksonville, Alabama. Founded in 1883. It is between Gadsden and Anniston. Until they beat FSU, their claim to fame was having a marching band with over 500 members.

MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

Looks like the “mileage” is up to around 35 at most places. That’s probably more accurate.
belair
Rear Admiral

Post by belair »

MrMemorial wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:34 am
belair wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 pm
FSU didn't play Jackson State (Mississippi). They played Jacksonville State (Alabama, no - not joking)

Jacksonville State University is a public university in Jacksonville, Alabama. Founded in 1883. It is between Gadsden and Anniston. Until they beat FSU, their claim to fame was having a marching band with over 500 members.

Oh yes my bad. Jax State does have a good divinity school. Maybe that played into the W.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Like I said, new stuff. Aka newage (rhymes with sewage).

MrMemorial wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:30 pm
VU1970 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 pm
Oops. I gotta watch some of these here new movies.
It came out 27 years ago.

Jeff Daniels then:

Jeff Daniels now:
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 pm
FayetteDore wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:00 pm Are we assuming that the oddsmakers are or are not taking into account how hacked they were last year when we cancelled the game due to Covid.

If I'm not supposed to mention this, let me know and I'll quickly delete.
Smart mentioned it in his presser along with the inference the stadium would be full if Dawg fans ,- so you can mention it, I suppose. I hope Bama beats UGa again in Atlanta this year. They need some humility.
I hope they lose to Florida and Auburn and don’t even make it to the SECCG or the playoffs.
DoreRayMe
Lieutenant

Post by DoreRayMe »

belair wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:19 am Jax State does have a good divinity school. Maybe that played into the W.
I think you have them confused with another school. Jax State is a public college in Alabama but it does not have a divinity school.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

DoreRayMe wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 pm
belair wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:19 am Jax State does have a good divinity school. Maybe that played into the W.
I think you have them confused with another school. Jax State is a public college in Alabama but it does not have a divinity school.
Samford University (Birmingham) offers 3 Divinity/Ministry degree programs. Since Samford rhymes with Stanford (who we just played).... easy to see where the confusion emanates from.
BlackDeathD
Seaman Recruit

Post by BlackDeathD »

The spread is now 35 points.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 pm
Smart mentioned it in his presser along with the inference the stadium would be full if Dawg fans ,- so you can mention it, I suppose. I hope Bama beats UGa again in Atlanta this year. They need some humility.
Nope. Not rooting for Bama. No way no how. Today was brutal, but still pulling for UGA on the season as the "most likely to prevent yet another Alabama title".
Locked Previous topicNext topic