Happy for the Team and Coach Lea

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VandyManners
Lieutenant

Happy for the Team and Coach Lea

Post by VandyManners »

I said the day Clark Lea was hired that he had possibly the hardest start at Vandy in my lifetime. Mason killed all of Franklins momentum and last year was a train wreck. Not to mention, I believe we had a lot of players transfer with the new transfer rule. That said I told myself I would not say anything about Lea or how we play for 3 seasons. He has the largest uphill climb and it will take time to recruit, develop, and get the needed facility upgrades to help make our program competitive again. As long as I see coaching improvements each week and players developing each week, I honestly do not care if we lose every game.

I really believe we will be seeing the new Vandy in a couple of years as upgrades are made, recruiting improves, and the coaches learn how to coach in this league. It takes time, and I am willing to wait. This is not the same type of team Franklin inherited. Lea has a big task ahead of him but I see him turning Vandy into a competitive program. I know some of y’all don’t want to wait a couple of years, but sometimes waiting for something great takes time. A great brisket takes time, but man is it worth the wait.