OT: Former VU track athlete wins bronze medal in Tokyo; first female Dore to do so

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

OT: Former VU track athlete wins bronze medal in Tokyo; first female Dore to do so

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Former Vandy track athlete Lily Williams won a bronze medal today as part of Team USA in the women's team pursuit cycling event.

[tweet][/tweet]

commadore
Admiral

Re: OT: Former VU track athlete wins bronze medal in Tokyo; first female Dore to do so

Post by commadore »

Cool.
All the folks down here in the Montgomery area are all excited that Sunni Lee will be a freshman at Auburn doing gymnastics this fall. That is pretty cool too.
You wouldn't think it, but both Auburn and Alabama fill their gyms for gymnastic meets.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: OT: Former VU track athlete wins bronze medal in Tokyo; first female Dore to do so

Post by UltimateVUFan »

commadore wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 am Cool.
All the folks down here in the Montgomery area are all excited that Sunni Lee will be a freshman at Auburn doing gymnastics this fall. That is pretty cool too.
You wouldn't think it, but both Auburn and Alabama fill their gyms for gymnastic meets.
I didn’t realize how big gymnastics was in SEC country until I worked in Athens for a few years out of college. UGA also has a big time competitive program and apparently their rivalry with Florida and Auburn is just as heated as it is on the gridiron.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:23 pm
commadore wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 am Cool.
I didn’t realize how big gymnastics was in SEC country until I worked in Athens for a few years out of college. UGA also has a big time competitive program and apparently their rivalry with Florida and Auburn is just as heated as it is on the gridiron.
Alabama is in the group too. As football crazy as they are, it is funny to watch the men at church discussing the gymnastics meets.
Locked Previous topicNext topic