(Premium) "The boulder always rolls back downhill": ESPN.com previews the SEC East

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

(Premium) "The boulder always rolls back downhill": ESPN.com previews the SEC East

Post by BrentVU »

(Premium) ESPN+'s Bill Connally does a very good preview of the SEC East, in the link below. The memorable line in the Vanderbilt preview is, "the boulder always rolls back downhill."

Side note: Don't have ESPN+? You might want to think about getting it, because Vandy's opener vs. ETSU on Sept. 4 will be aired exclusively on ESPN's streaming platform. And guess what... ESPN has raised the monthly price, just in time for football season. I get it as part of a bundle that includes Hulu and Disney+.

With an ESPN+ subscription, you get "insider" online content like the article below, plus recruiting coverage. Just sayin'.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... on-preview

commadore
Admiral

Re: (Premium) "The boulder always rolls back downhill": ESPN.com previews the SEC East

Post by commadore »

Actually, I'll miss it anyway. Will be in Yellowstone National Park and football will be the last thing on my mind. Will actually miss the first two games.
commadore
Admiral

Re: (Premium) "The boulder always rolls back downhill": ESPN.com previews the SEC East

Post by commadore »

commadore wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:00 am Actually, I'll miss it anyway. Will be in Yellowstone National Park and football will be the last thing on my mind. Will actually miss the first two games. Guess that is what an 0-9 season does to one that has lived and died by VU sports since 1962.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

I'm reminded of the Vandymania poster whose avatar was Sisyphus pushing the boulder up the mountain. Haven't seen him post for a while.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:00 am Actually, I'll miss it anyway. Will be in Yellowstone National Park and football will be the last thing on my mind. Will actually miss the first two games.
Well, God did invent the DVR so we can watch games later on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic