Texas & OU records v. SEC teams

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Texas & OU records v. SEC teams

Post by FayetteDore »

Enterprising newspapers in Texas and Oklahoma have listed the records of Texas and OU against every SEC team they have played. (Not that that's a predictor of what they'll do ahead; a lot of those games are ancient history and ALL are history, whether ancient or not.)

But it might surprise you which SEC team has the biggest margin of wins over the Longhorns. ;)

Texas v. SEC teams:
https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/foo ... 092037002/

Oklahoma v. SEC teams:
https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 375953001/

A bonus with this article is a 35-photo gallery of the 1976 VU-OU game in a packed Vanderbilt stadium.
Last edited by FayetteDore on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
commadore
Admiral

Re: Texas & OU records v. SEC teams

Post by commadore »

If as they say the 1977 Oklahoma game was 54 years ago, then I am actually 10 years older than I thought.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

I'm still ticked by the RW fumble near the end of the game against UK in 99. Had we won that game, we would have played in the Independence bowl against OU (thus breaking our bowl-less streak 8 years earlier).

OU ended up playing Ole Miss (whom we beat that year) and losing. Of course, OU went on to win the natty the next year.

Actually, not ticked at RW. Just ticked that the team was THAT CLOSE to playing in a bowl game, that I was going to, that would be the FINAL sporting event of the millennium. Ugh.
Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Post by Johnmn555 »

Best as I could tell from the article, TX is 4-4 against the SEC over the past 10 years.

3-8-1 against powerhouse Vanderbilt all time. That will make for some good TV chatter when we play them (for the first time with all players wearing helmets...)
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Given how infrequently some SEC teams play each other, it will be the year 2114 before Texas can catch up.
Versus75
Admiral

And how does Louisiana Tech fit in here?

Post by Versus75 »

Texas vs. LSU football

"Despite being shutout 14-0 in the first ever meeting against Louisiana Tech in 1896, Texas holds this series lead, too."
Locked Previous topicNext topic