Mike Leach: 'Lucky for me' I didn't end up at Tennessee (LOL)

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Mike Leach: 'Lucky for me' I didn't end up at Tennessee (LOL)

Post by BrentVU »

John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel asked Mississippi State coach Mike Leach if he at one time almost became coach at Tennessee. "Yeah, I was in touch with them," he replied, "but there was a coup d'etat." (ripple of laughter through the media room) "I think that is well documented. I wasn't part of the coup d'etat, so I didn't end up there... lucky for me." :o

mtnvandy
Captain

Re: Mike Leach: 'Lucky for me' I didn't end up at Tennessee (LOL)

Post by mtnvandy »

Leach on Vacc

- leaves up to md

- I THINK he declined to reveal his VACC status ( he avoided the Q completely at first but I think a 2d reporter asked him again)
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

mtnvandy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:40 am Leach on Vacc

- leaves up to md

- I THINK he declined to reveal his VACC status ( he avoided the Q completely at first but I think a 2d reporter asked him again)
let the chips fall where they may....
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

This guy will be pure gold in this conference. Total entertainment. So glad he is here, although I wouldn't be surprised to see him have some huge success here and there in the next several years. His out of the box ways have done him VERY well over the years, and he's never coached at a destination program, normally places that are very difficult to recruit to.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Any chance of me rooting for Miss State football because Mike Leach is pure awesomeness ended in Omaha. Hope they lose every game 72-0. Their fan base deserves nothing good.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

BrentVU wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:59 pm John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel asked Mississippi State coach Mike Leach if he at one time almost became coach at Tennessee. "Yeah, I was in touch with them," he replied, "but there was a coup d'etat." (ripple of laughter through the media room) "I think that is well documented. I wasn't part of the coup d'etat, so I didn't end up there... lucky for me." :o
With Fulmer usurping the throne, it was more like a coup d'fat.
Locked Previous topicNext topic