$300 Million Improvements

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Nashmann
Admiral

$300 Million Improvements

Post by Nashmann »

Now that the locker room is done what else is currently under construction or next in the plans for construction/additions? I am sure I have missed something.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
NateSY
Captain

Re: $300 Million Improvements

Post by NateSY »

Nashmann wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 pm Now that the locker room is done what else is currently under construction or next in the plans for construction/additions? I am sure I have missed something.
I think a bunch of it doesn’t break ground until after the football season, but might be wrong. I know for sure there will be the new football building, the basketball building, and the new full size indoor practice facility that is specifically for football. Pretty positive the locker room will actually be moved into the new football facility upon completion and most, if not all, of the improvements to the current locker room were chosen to be easy to relocate. There’s likely more, but I can’t remember off the top of my head.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

NateSY wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:28 pm
Nashmann wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 pm Now that the locker room is done what else is currently under construction or next in the plans for construction/additions? I am sure I have missed something.
I think a bunch of it doesn’t break ground until after the football season, but might be wrong. I know for sure there will be the new football building, the basketball building, and the new full size indoor practice facility that is specifically for football. Pretty positive the locker room will actually be moved into the new football facility upon completion and most, if not all, of the improvements to the current locker room were chosen to be easy to relocate. There’s likely more, but I can’t remember off the top of my head.
Correct. The football facility in the south end zone will break ground after the 2021 football season.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Have there been any close-up pictures or drawings on what these improvements will look like?
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Nashmann wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:33 am Have there been any close-up pictures or drawings on what these improvements will look like?
At the time the capital campaign was announced, there were some very basic renderings shown to potential contributors. Those were based upon the master plan that was previously developed. However, the architect for the facilities, Populous, is currently working on more detailed and specific drawings that will supposedly be ready this summer.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

The North Endzone project will be ready for the 2021 season.

https://vucommodores.com/north-end-zone ... -underway/
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

It's nice but a little less than what I had expected. A little underwhelming to me. Better than the grassy knoll though. I would think the field sightline is still from an end zone perspective. I like it better than what we had.
VandyfanKY
Lieutenant

Post by VandyfanKY »

Nashmann wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:33 am Have there been any close-up pictures or drawings on what these improvements will look like?
Populous, the architecture/engineering firm doing the south end zone design, did similar projects for the University of Missouri and for the University of Utah. Put something like "Missouri stadium south end zone images" into a search engine and you should get a rough idea of the possibilities.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Mizzo's is more like what I imagined!....
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Nashmann wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:07 am Mizzo's is more like what I imagined!....
Just to clarify, the relatively small North End Zone seating project where the berm is located is not part of the larger $300 million capital campaign.
Locked Previous topicNext topic