somewhat OT: Another McCaffrey at Vanderbilt?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

somewhat OT: Another McCaffrey at Vanderbilt?

Post by Versus75 »

How many times can a player get a free transfer through the Portal? I thought it was one.

Well, Luke McCaffrey (brother of current NFL star Christian, son of former NFL star Ed and nephew of former Vanderbilt Men's Basketball star Billy) is going for two!

Luke McCaffrey is a running quarterback who did better with his feet than with his throwing arm in his redshirt freshman season (2020) at Nebraska. He wanted to be the starting QB and even beat Penn State in that role. But when he lost that starting role he transferred to Louisville. Luke spent just a few weeks and a few practices at Louisville before realizing that the starting QB job wasn't in the Cards for him there either. (Pardon the pun.)

Now he's on the move again and we will see how than transfer portal works when you want it to open for you twice in the same off-season.

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska- ... -transfer/

I'm not in favor of Luke McCaffrey's methods, but Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA, Ole Miss and others thought enough of him to offer a scholarship in 2019. He probably would not be the starting QB at Vanderbilt, but I would like to see him on the field in the Black and Gold as an H back, kick returner and occasional option quarterback. Maybe Uncle Billy can put in a good word for us.

alathIN
Rear Admiral

Re: somewhat OT: Another McCaffrey at Vanderbilt?

Post by alathIN »

Uncle Billy and his coach got hosed by the egomaniacal machinations of Paul Houlihan, whose name lives forever in accursed infamy.
It is difficult to imagine him singing Vanderbilt's praises.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Love to have him!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

He is reportedly transferring to...Rice. The head coach there was Christian's OC at Stanford.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Quite an academic upgrade, from U of L to Rice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic