SI.com: Will 2021 be Bucs' Ke'Shawn Vaughn's breakout year?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

SI.com: Will 2021 be Bucs' Ke'Shawn Vaughn's breakout year?

Post by BrentVU »

Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: SI.com: Will 2021 be Bucs' Ke'Shawn Vaughn's breakout year?

Post by Levon »

The article doesn't match the headline. The writer basically said that Vaughn has some skills, but he's not going to rise above the #4 RB in 2021. Not a well-written article.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Levon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:07 pm The article doesn't match the headline. The writer basically said that Vaughn has some skills, but he's not going to rise above the #4 RB in 2021. Not a well-written article.
Well, I guess that means he thinks the answer is 'no' - it won't be his breakout year.
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

I believe Vaughn can out perform Fournette and Jones, who are both good backs, if given the chance. I follow the Jags, and know Fournette. I was very surprised when the Bucs picked him up since they had Jones and drafted Vaughn in the 3rd round. I suppose by signing Brady they went heavy on the RB insurance, and it paid off well. Some quick digging reveals, "The Buccaneers have re-signed running back Leonard Fournette to a one-year deal worth $3.5 million with the possibility to make up to $4 million including incentives, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network." And, Ronald Jones is in the last year of his contract earning around 1.7 mil. Bernard is a decent and experienced back, but Vaughn can run and catch too. Both Bernard and Vaughn are scheduled to earn a little over 1 mil per year next season. It is a crowded backfield so hopefully Vaughn will get his shot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic