Hey, check out this locker reveal video

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Hey, check out this locker reveal video

Post by BrentVU »

Longhorn Lockers out of the state of Texas designed these lockers now in place at McGugin...

https://youtu.be/8LDH7Lc4rIk

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Hey, check out this locker reveal video

Post by Nashmann »

If these are the everyday lockers great....but if they did all that and spend that kind of money for the football game day lockers ridiculous!! The video was annoying just get to the point!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Nashmann wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:33 pm If these are the everyday lockers great....but if they did all that and spend that kind of money for the football game day lockers ridiculous!! The video was annoying just get to the point!!
These are the "everyday" lockers.

I have to admit, thinking back to my own high school experiences I never expected the facilities arms race to be focused in part upon the once humble locker.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I was ESPECIALLY impressed by the number of screws & t-nuts!

On a serious note, if any team deserves this after decades of mid-major wannabe equipment, it is the Commodores.
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

How did my life turn out the way it did without having a locker with 28,541 square inches if 16 Gauge steel? I guess I'm just blessed.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Beginning to think the whole world has lost its mind. Company obviously taking great pains to justify what is likely a very high price tag. Come on , it is a flipping locker, not the Mars rover.
3rdFloorDyer
Captain

Post by 3rdFloorDyer »

OldDude wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 pm Beginning to think the whole world has lost its mind. Company obviously taking great pains to justify what is likely a very high price tag. Come on , it is a flipping locker, not the Mars rover.
Yes, but if the administration is willing to shell out this for a locker, think what the new stadium will look like!
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Go Vandy! wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm I was ESPECIALLY impressed by the number of screws & t-nuts!

On a serious note, if any team deserves this after decades of mid-major wannabe equipment, it is the Commodores.
I caught that as well - very low t-nut to form flanged bend ratio but other than that I thought the engineering was superb. TBH - my real thought was if this much detail goes into the making of a locker, I can't wait to see what the detail of the football team looks like.

Oh, and what is the production cost of a locker video for Youtube nowadays as laying all of those parts out has to cost a fortune. Someone was performing some serious breakdown of parts in order to provide this vital locker information to the public. :roll:
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

3rdFloorDyer wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:13 pm
OldDude wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 pm Beginning to think the whole world has lost its mind. Company obviously taking great pains to justify what is likely a very high price tag. Come on , it is a flipping locker, not the Mars rover.
Yes, but if the administration is willing to shell out this for a locker, think what the new stadium will look like!
Now you are getting me all fired up ! ;)
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I am thrilled this is the everyday locker room!!!!! Players deserve it!!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

cc11316 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:35 pm
Go Vandy! wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm I was ESPECIALLY impressed by the number of screws & t-nuts!

I caught that as well - very low t-nut to form flanged bend ratio but other than that I thought the engineering was superb. TBH - my real thought was if this much detail goes into the making of a locker, I can't wait to see what the detail of the football team looks like.

Oh, and what is the production cost of a locker video for Youtube nowadays as laying all of those parts out has to cost a fortune. Someone was performing some serious breakdown of parts in order to provide this vital locker information to the public. :roll:
I suspect the parts were digitally added to the stadium flyover. They likely do the same video for every customer. Record a drone flying a path, overlay the recorded parts and it’s done. Too much work to carry all those parts and lay them out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic